Looking to buy???

Old March 7th 06, 08:53 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Default Looking to buy???

I have been offered a 1999 Corvette with 28,000 miles in mint condition
for $20,000. The car is absolutely beautiful and am extremely tempted
to purchase it but just wanted to check to see if it's a good deal. I
don't know much about vettes other than I have wanted one for a number
of years. Are they reliable?

Thanks

Old March 8th 06, 01:26 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Im always looking in the Chicago Tribune newspaper at used vettes for
sale, and a 1999 in great shape with 28 k. miles for $20,000 is good
-- not a steal, but still good. Things that would sway me would be if
the last owner(s) babied it, maintained it well, has maintenance
reciepts and repair reciepts, and if it had the equipment on it that you
find favorable. Join a local Vette Club and youll learn alot about it
and have fun going on outings with it. Its truly a neat sub-culture.

Dave

Old March 8th 06, 04:03 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Ed, I have been reading this group for years. Owned 3 corvettes.
Every time I buy a car and mention price this group tells me about all
the cheap cars they bought. However........... never has anyone come
through.

I have been looking and 99 corvettes with about 28,000 miles in mint
condition should sell for about ....... $23K I would guess would be
good. Just sold a 96 car with 20K for $19500. Bought for $20K three
years ago. When I bought that car 3 years ago this group said the car
should be bought for around $14 grand. So take it for what it is
worth.

Good luck.

Oh one more thing.... either Dad or bob wrote me a few years ago. If
you want to save money, put it in the bank. If you want to enjoy
yourself, buy it drive it. They are right. Buy the best car you can
afford and you will spend the least amount maintaining in.

Old March 8th 06, 04:23 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Guys,

Thanks for the feedback. I am definitely exited about purchasing this
car and look forward to driving it on the weekends.

Dave,

The car has been babied and is kept in a garage with a car cover. The
car looks brand new.