Sunroof Sunshade off it's tracks

Old November 2nd 04, 09:10 PM
Deep

Default Sunroof Sunshade off it's tracks

Hi all,

Hoping for some help here...

My sunroof sunshade (just the cloth part that opens up to show the sunroof)
has come off it's hinges or tracks and this is causing the sunroof to push
back the shade and not bring it out again. It's done this once and I fished
the shade back and haven't tried opening the roof again. BMW Mississauga is
giving me some story that they need to replace the entire sunroof assembly
because of this. Do you guys have any experience with this? Also - do you
know how much the entire assembly can be bought for? The part number is
53-13-7-134-535. This is the entire sunroof assembly, which I'm quite
certain I don't need, but they gave me a price of $992! plus 6 hours labour
all in all coming to $1879.10! (All CDN Prices)

Thanks,

Deep

Old November 3rd 04, 03:14 AM
sylvain,sylvie

That's why we call them stealer...
Your part # refer to an E46 and the good news are that there's a repair kit
for SLIDING HEADLINER that should cost anywhere between 60 to 90 u.s $. The
kit number is 54 10 7 134 073 and this is good for the glass tilt/sliding
roof up to model/year 08/2003.
the job should be done in an hour and a half - maximum 2.(coffee break
incl.) If you are lucky and get a mecanic who did it a few time, you'll be
set in an hour.
Hint.........Please find another dealer(s), go first to the parts department
ask for the kit, the price and finally how much they may charge to install
it. You will probably save 90%.
Just for fun let us know what happen....

Sylvain

Old November 3rd 04, 03:50 AM
Deep

Wow, I had seen that part number before, but wasn't sure if it would do what
I wanted.

Here's the second part then - Does anyone know who can do this repair in the
Greater Toronto Area? I know I was given a name of a person who was good
with BMW's. (Ontario Auto Collision which is now Carstar) Does the person
who recommended them know if they can do this repair in a timely fashion?

Thanks,

Deep

. ..

Old November 7th 04, 05:39 PM
mwh

This just happened to me on warrantee and the dealer just had to replace the
broken clip that ended up on the passengers floor mat. We have a 2003
330xi- that's the E46 right?

Mike H
Dover, NH

Old November 9th 04, 02:10 AM
Deep

Yup.

Thanks - I'm going to get to another dealer for this...

Thanks,

Deep