'95 SL2 -Auto Trans - Shift locking up??????

Old November 24th 04, 12:36 AM
Kelsmoneypit

Default '95 SL2 -Auto Trans - Shift locking up??????

Can anyone help us out with this? We are currently having the following
problem with our saturn (automatic):
1.) the shift "locked" - unable to put the care into N,
D, R, etc. It would not budge we were able to release it only with some
very serious force... Now

2) The Key is currently stuck in the ignition also

(starting the car was not a problem & it runs fine)

Before we take it to the dealer for diagnostic testing, does anyone have
any insight??????
Thanks!

Old November 24th 04, 07:13 PM
bugmenotnow

I just had a similar thing happen last night to my 2002 L200.

The thing is stuck in park and the ignition is stuck in lock.

I can't start the car, but at least I can freely insert and remove the
A(now useless) key.

I haven't fixed it yet (it's still stuck in the Pak 'n Sav parking lot).

I have researched a bunch of posts on the web and it seems the problem is
either the shift linkage or the park solenoid being mucked up or out of
adjustment.

One of the most prevalent reports is of soda being spilled on the console
and gumming up the shift linkage, or disableing the solenoid.

It could also be a broken cable that goes from the button on the shifter
"T" handle to the park lock.

A large number of posters said they fixed problems exactly like yours by
removing the center console housing and spraying the shift linage and park
solenoid with WD-40.

Well, that's a lot of advice from a guy whose car is stuck in a parking
lot, unrepaired. I hope it helps.

Replace Manual Trans w/ Auto Dean Jeep 2 December 1st 04 07:51 AM
1992 525i Auto Trans question Scott BMW 1 October 10th 04 03:14 PM
95 sl2 auto trans broken Dave V Saturn 1 August 27th 04 09:14 PM
Auto Trans Makes Loud Bang, No Drive in Any Gear HonkyTonk Man 4x4 2 January 9th 04 06:40 AM