91 SL2 = cuts out on acceleration, but not consistantly

Old December 21st 04, 08:41 AM
tropikona

Default 91 SL2 = cuts out on acceleration, but not consistantly

Since August my car been 'dogging' out but not all the time. It happens
mainly after decceleration and then when I depress the gas it just cuts
out. When I pull up to a stoplight unless I keep both feet on the gas and
break to prevent it from dying. This will happen for several days at a
time and then run perfectly fine. I've run different gas
treatments/injection cleaners through it and have also change gas
dealerships. It does not pull up a code either. I took it to the Saturn
dealership and since it didn't have a code they took the 'shotgun'
approach - $500 worth of repairs/replacements and although when I drove it
out of the shop and it did run fine for 4 weeks the same problem has
returned - again with no code. I'm afraid to take it back to them for
fear of spending another $500 without fixing the problem. They did a
120,000 mile service, changed plugs and wires, replaced the O2 sensor and
fuel filter. It did run fine for longer than it ever had up until the
other day. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Old December 22nd 04, 12:00 PM
cl

Perhaps change the fuel filters.
lkaboutautos.com...

Old January 21st 05, 01:53 PM
George Wilson

hmmmmm this sounds tricky i think it may be a sensor, if you got a
chiltons those are good for telling you how to test sensors, i would
check the Air Temp. Sensor , as well as the Manifold Absoloute
Pressure sensor, the chilton will tell you how with a volt meter/ ohm
meter. and also i think it could be a vacuum leak, only because you
said it dies under decceleration. i may be able to help you more,
heres my email.