ABS Light

Old December 15th 04, 02:09 AM
MPost

Default ABS Light

I have a 93 SC2 with 97K on it. About once a week when I start up the car,
the ABS light comes on and stays on until I shut the car off. Usually, if I
restart the car immediately after the light comes on, the light goes out.
I've never seen the light come on while I'm driving or turn off once it's
on, except when I turn off the car. Any ideas what this might be?

Old December 16th 04, 04:03 AM
justastreekin

This is my experience with ABS system on my 93 SL2 a bracket on the front
that suports abs wire to front wheel fell down and wraped around axel tore
up the boot, had to replace boot , then noticed a bracket on back wheel was
missing to,Guess what! They used what looks like aluminum rivets to hold
these brackets on. well i tied the wire up on the back one and refastened
all brackets with bolts, then the back wire that had hung down on back
wheel went bad went to junk yard and found a new wire and a bracket and
replaced that and lubricated all the plugin parts with a litle bit of
silicon lube, what may help you would be to put small about of lube on
these plugins near the wheels they may be dry or dirty and making a bad
conection, Or you may have a bad wire on one of them, the wire they made
these with is poor wire the one i had to replace i took the insulation off
and the copper wire inside had turned to a black coroded powder. you may
want to unplug and lube one at a time in case you have a bad wire it will
probably make it worse and you would know which one it was that way.