Yet Another Drama Queen Gridlock Incident

Old June 8th 05, 07:11 AM
Laura Bush murdered her boy friend

Default Yet Another Drama Queen Gridlock Incident

All you're getting is the cop side of this story.

Old June 8th 05, 08:08 AM

Laura Bush murdered her boy friend wrote:
> All you're getting is the cop side of this story.

When have you ever posted an unbaised report?

Old June 8th 05, 02:18 PM
Larry Bud

Laura Bush murdered her boy friend wrote:
> All you're getting is the cop side of this story.

If you kidnap someone, don't be surprised if men with guns come for
you. Idiot.

Old June 8th 05, 02:20 PM
Larry Bud

Scott en Aztl=E1n wrote:
> Both directions of the nation's busiest freeway were completely shut
> down for FOUR HOURS today while some scumbag held police at bay in a
> standoff. The cops ought to just shoot these assholes on sight if they
> don't give up within 10 minutes.

Right, so the department can get their ass sued. C'mon.

Cops are in a no win situation. Either one side claims they use
excessive force, or not enough force. Either they moved in too fast,
or they took too long to take the bad guy. People in this NG have
critisized them on both sides of the issue. What do you expect them to
do?

Old June 9th 05, 04:33 AM
The Real Bev

"Scott en Aztlán" wrote:

> > spake thus:
>
> >All you're getting is the cop side of this story.

> And your point is?

That (s)he houldn't afford a TV and wasn't able to watch every breathtaking
minute like the rest of the Angelenos. I heard two versions -- one, that the
dog dragged the jerk out; and two, that he was held in by his seat belt and
the cops had to drag him out. Anybody actually see what happened?

No, I didn't watch it. My mom told me about it, though.

--
Cheers,
Bev
Old June 9th 05, 05:13 AM
Daniel W. Rouse Jr.

"The Real Bev" > wrote in message
> "Scott en Aztlán" wrote:
> >
> > > spake thus:
> >
> > >All you're getting is the cop side of this story.

> > And your point is?

> That (s)he houldn't afford a TV and wasn't able to watch every

breathtaking
> minute like the rest of the Angelenos. I heard two versions -- one, that

the
> dog dragged the jerk out; and two, that he was held in by his seat belt

and
> the cops had to drag him out. Anybody actually see what happened?
>
> No, I didn't watch it. My mom told me about it, though.

The videos shown by the news show three attempts to PIT the suspect into a
spinout--two of which spinout the van but it keeps moving after the spinout,
and then the third time works, when the rear of the van hits a wall, and the
van loses the rear bumper after that impact with the wall.

Then the van stops (turned around on the right side of the freeway and
facing the wrong way of traffic flow for that side of the freeway), and then
a stick for the the smoke bomb is seen being placed in the rear window of
the van. Shortly after that, smoke pours out the windows, and the drivers
side door opens.

After the driver's side door opens, the dog runs up to the van and attacks
the suspect still inside the van, and the dog is easily seen biting the
suspect more than once.

At that point, the videos cut to the suspect lying on a perimedics' bed
wearing only boxer shorts--not even a shirt--and then being moved towards an
ambulance. They don't actually show the cops calling off the dog or dragging
the suspect out of the van, subduing the suspect, and so on.

That's what I've seen on two different news channels... hope this helps.

Old June 9th 05, 07:59 PM
John David Galt

Scott en Aztlán wrote:
> Both directions of the nation's busiest freeway were completely shut
> down for FOUR HOURS today while some scumbag held police at bay in a
> standoff. The cops ought to just shoot these assholes on sight if they
> don't give up within 10 minutes.

At most.
Old June 10th 05, 03:54 AM
The Real Bev

"Scott en Aztlán" wrote:

> > spake thus:
>
> >No, I didn't watch it. My mom told me about it, though.

> That was up in your neck of the woods. You're lucky you weren't caught
> up in it...

Yeah. I was going to take her to lunch Tuesday and I wouldn't have even been
able to get on the freeway -- or anything else :-(

Bizarre twists today. WTF was wrong with that guy?

--
Cheers,
Bev