Progress for my 1303

Old January 2nd 05, 07:47 PM
MIC

Default Progress for my 1303

Hello NG!
Happy New Year. The rustoration of my 1303 is still going strong. Got
technical inspection today :-)
Take a look at http://medlem.jubii.dk/dergolf/techinsp.jpg
Greetings from Denmark....
Michael

Old January 2nd 05, 08:19 PM
Dennis Wik

lookin' good

href="http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4025706&a=30209382&vt=vp">Den's
1977 Puma</a>

Old January 4th 05, 05:21 PM
MIC

> lookin' good
Thanks...

> href="http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4025706&a=30209382&vt=vp">Den's
> 1977 Puma</a>

Nice car. Did you built the kitkar by yourselv? Must have taken alot of time
for all the details...
bye MIC

Old January 4th 05, 09:13 PM
Dennis Wik

The Puma was built in Brazil. About 20,000 were manufactured over the
years using VW parts although they also used Chevrolet and Audi engines
and built trucks also. They were first introduced in the 1964 paris
Auto show. A couple of hundred were brought into this country
semi-disassembled and sold as kit cars. Mine is a 1977. The VW
wolfsburg museum in Germany has a gold one on display. The Puma factory
was one of the few companies in the world that VW ever provided chassis
and power trains to and warranted them to their final customers. When
the company was sold for the second time and dissolved in the early
90's, Ford purchased the name and produced a front wheel , metal bodied,
sporty car with the Puma name tag for a couple of years. I could write
pages but I guess you get the idea. It is the sports car VW never built
but liked a lot.

Old January 5th 05, 01:57 AM
Dennis Wik

Yes, the Ford connection goes back to the 60's when Ford brought legal
action against the name" Puma" being used as they claimed it was theirs
because "Puma" and "Cougar" are translated as the same word in
Portuguese which is the language of Brazil. Ford lost, however, they
did get their revenge 30 years later. Dennis