Professionally Restored 67 VW Bug For Sale...

Old December 23rd 04, 03:04 PM
Jim

Default Professionally Restored 67 VW Bug For Sale...

Thursday, December 23 2004, @ 6:46 AM (-0700 GMT)

A really NICE, clean, and professionally restored, vintage Bug from
(virtually) "rust free" So. California, USA. Land of sun shine, surf
boards, beach bunnies, pizza, and GREAT Australian Fosters Beer! <g>

10 photos + full details + fun for all at URL:
http://www.ClassicVWBug4Sale.info/

Note 1: A "link" page to valuable VW Bug web sites worldwide will be
added in the near future. Please BOOKMARK this site and check back
when you can!

Note 2: Hi-Res photo set ALSO available, on-site, BUT file size of
each photo is about 500 KB. The detail is high enough that you can
(almost) read the numbers on the AM/FM dashboard radio dial. Web
surfers with a "dial up" connection may experience s l o w download.
Sorry!

Happy Holidays to all worldwide!

Old December 23rd 04, 09:28 PM
Ray Dios Haque

That is one fine auto. I am most impressed with the stock engine.
Usually when a bug get's "restored" it's with el-cheap-o racing style
parts.

I would say your asking price is fair. I hope you are able to sell it,
and I congratulate the lucky winner that drives it away!

I have a sixty eight myself. Not nearly as good of condition. But
then, she's my daily driver. It wouldnt seem right to put her in the
garage!

-Ray

Old December 23rd 04, 10:42 PM
Jim

Thursday, December 23 2004, @ 2:38 PM (-0700 GMT)

Hi Ray,

Thank you for your comments! They are MOST appreciated. I hate to sell
it. Its like shooting the dog you go hunting with. I screwed up,
credrit-card wise, got in over my head, and need to pay the bank. I'm
retired now, and social security is not a "living wage." <g>

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Jim

Old December 24th 04, 02:21 AM
Peter Parker

In article >,
Jim > wrote:
>Thursday, December 23 2004, @ 6:46 AM (-0700 GMT)
>
>A really NICE, clean, and professionally restored, vintage Bug from
>(virtually) "rust free" So. California, USA. Land of sun shine, surf
>boards, beach bunnies, pizza, and GREAT Australian Fosters Beer! <g>
>
>10 photos + full details + fun for all at URL:
>http://www.ClassicVWBug4Sale.info/
>
>Note 1: A "link" page to valuable VW Bug web sites worldwide will be
>added in the near future. Please BOOKMARK this site and check back
>when you can!
>
>Note 2: Hi-Res photo set ALSO available, on-site, BUT file size of
>each photo is about 500 KB. The detail is high enough that you can
>(almost) read the numbers on the AM/FM dashboard radio dial. Web
>surfers with a "dial up" connection may experience s l o w download.
>Sorry!
>
>Happy Holidays to all worldwide!

Bump for a sweet looking bug.

Why are you selling?

BTW, nobody in Australia drinks Fosters. That's for dumb export drinkers
only. :-) I found that out when I was down under back in 2000. They only
drank Victoria Bitters and XXXX.

--
Jeeps and dubs and everything's nice...
Old December 24th 04, 03:54 AM
Mike64Bug

"> Very true. Just mention Fosters in the company of some Aussies and listen to them start snickering.

Been there done that. I was in Queensland a few years back for a couple of days with a co-worker on business. We
figured we'd order up a couple of Fosters while we were there. The guy next to us wheels around in his bar stool and
says "Ay mate, we don't drink Fosters here, we drink 4x. Fosters is for the tourists in Sydney."

Old December 24th 04, 04:09 AM

That engine is not stock. No generator, 1600 instead of 1500, and
other things. It is a beauty though. I had a 67 California beetle but
it suffered 2 or 3 winters in Ohio before I got it. It was still a
neet car with 12v, chrome bumpers, day/night mirror and other cool
stuff.

"Ray Dios Haque" > wrote:

>That is one fine auto. I am most impressed with the stock engine.
>Usually when a bug get's "restored" it's with el-cheap-o racing style
>parts.
>
>I would say your asking price is fair. I hope you are able to sell it,
>and I congratulate the lucky winner that drives it away!
>
>I have a sixty eight myself. Not nearly as good of condition. But
>then, she's my daily driver. It wouldnt seem right to put her in the
>garage!
>
>-Ray

Jim B.
Old December 24th 04, 03:56 PM
Jim

Friday, December 24 2004, @ 7:53 AM (-0700 GMT)

Hi Peter,

I'm selling it to pay off credit card debt. I'm now retired and my
social security check is a little on the "meager" side. <g>

Gee, I'm "miffed" to hear that those nice BIG blue cans of Fosters are
regarded, by real aussies, as SWILL! <rofl> Here I thought I'd
acquired a real connosewers <sp?> taste? Shucks! Bcak to MGD.

Old December 25th 04, 09:06 AM
Joseph Oberlander

Jim wrote:

> Thursday, December 23 2004, @ 6:46 AM (-0700 GMT)
>
> A really NICE, clean, and professionally restored, vintage Bug from
> (virtually) "rust free" So. California, USA. Land of sun shine, surf
> boards, beach bunnies, pizza, and GREAT Australian Fosters Beer! <g>
>
> 10 photos + full details + fun for all at URL:
> http://www.ClassicVWBug4Sale.info/
>
> Note 1: A "link" page to valuable VW Bug web sites worldwide will be
> added in the near future. Please BOOKMARK this site and check back
> when you can!
>
> Note 2: Hi-Res photo set ALSO available, on-site, BUT file size of
> each photo is about 500 KB. The detail is high enough that you can
> (almost) read the numbers on the AM/FM dashboard radio dial. Web
> surfers with a "dial up" connection may experience s l o w download.
> Sorry!
>
> Happy Holidays to all worldwide!

OMG. An old car that's not been lowered or blown out or had
ugly things done to the interior or...

Man it's sad how they mess up old classic cars.

Old December 25th 04, 05:42 PM
Jim

Saturday, December 25 2004, @ 9:33 AM (-0700 GMT)

Merry Christmas Joseph!

Gee, I wish I could say that it was 100% "factory stock," but I can't.
I added a few things to make it more "drivable," and also improved
engine cooling to make it l a s t longer. <g>

The original "wimpy" generator has been replaced with a Bosch
alternator, and the engine now has a Gene Berg 5 1/2 quart oil pan. A
few other things were done, but nothing that cannot be reverted to
factory stock, except for one thing. For some reason I do not
understand, when the car was put up on blocks in storage in 1983, the
owner, a girl, sold the 1500 cc engine. My only option when the pan
off restore was done by Stephens V-Dub, in Washington state, was to
install a 1600 cc engine, STOCK of course, for reliability. I think
its probably for the best as "1600s" are a dime a dozen, and easy to
get, while keeping a 1500 "up" might get difficult in time.

While I really LOVE old classic cars, I think the 1948 Mercury
Convertable was a real honey, I don't like old cars that you can't
DRIVE and have to keep locked up in a museum. What kind of FUN is
that?

Jim
www.ClassicVWBug4Sale.info/

On Sat, 25 Dec 2004 09:06:00 GMT, Joseph Oberlander

Old December 26th 04, 12:49 PM
Joseph Oberlander

Jim wrote:
> Saturday, December 25 2004, @ 9:33 AM (-0700 GMT)
>
> Merry Christmas Joseph!
>
> Gee, I wish I could say that it was 100% "factory stock," but I can't.
> I added a few things to make it more "drivable," and also improved
> engine cooling to make it l a s t longer. <g>

VW specific upgrades or things like bulbs and electrical are
fine - it's when they do sometihng like on that show "overhaulin"
that gets me. Only a couple of times have they kept the car
close to stock looking.

It's actually quite difficult to find original looking
vehicles these days.