dual ci6rcuit master brake cylinder

Old December 20th 04, 02:40 AM
JS

Default dual ci6rcuit master brake cylinder

I just removed my old single circuit master cylinder (very worn out). The
new master cylinder has an extra brake switch opening. Should I plug this
hole or put another switch there? Also, will the current switch I have
(year 66) work with this master brake cylinder (113 611 015BD)?

TIA,
John

Old December 20th 04, 02:45 AM
Speedy Jim

JS wrote:
> I just removed my old single circuit master cylinder (very worn out). The
> new master cylinder has an extra brake switch opening. Should I plug this
> hole or put another switch there? Also, will the current switch I have
> (year 66) work with this master brake cylinder (113 611 015BD)?
>
> TIA,
> John

Put a second switch in there. Yes, you can use the old 2-pronger
and it's probably better than the new replacements...

If you're interested, the dual circuit warning light diagrams
(simplified) are on my web site.

Speedy Jim
http://www.nls.net/mp/volks/
Old December 20th 04, 03:02 AM
JS

Thanks Speedy. From this diagram
http://www.nls.net/mp/volks/schem/4brake.gif, it looks like you have the
switches wired in parallel. What's the "stop switch" all about?

Thanks,
John

Old December 20th 04, 03:42 PM
Speedy Jim

JS wrote:

> Thanks Speedy. From this diagram
> http://www.nls.net/mp/volks/schem/4brake.gif, it looks like you have the
> switches wired in parallel. What's the "stop switch" all about?
>
> Thanks,
> John

You can't use that one; it was used with the original M/C on '68/69
cars, which is no longer available. It had a third port for this
special switch for the warning light.

If you don't want/need the warning light, just hook the 2 stop-light
switches in parallel, as shown.

If you want the warning light, go to:
http://www.nls.net/mp/volks/schem/3brake.gif
and purchase 3-prong switches.

Speedy Jim
http://www.nls.net/mp/volks/

> "Speedy Jim" > wrote in message
>
>>JS wrote:
>>
>>>I just removed my old single circuit master cylinder (very worn out).

> The
>
>>>new master cylinder has an extra brake switch opening. Should I plug

> this
>
>>>hole or put another switch there? Also, will the current switch I have
>>>(year 66) work with this master brake cylinder (113 611 015BD)?
>>>
>>>TIA,
>>>John
>>>

>> Put a second switch in there. Yes, you can use the old 2-pronger
>> and it's probably better than the new replacements...
>>
>> If you're interested, the dual circuit warning light diagrams
>> (simplified) are on my web site.
>>
>>Speedy Jim
>>http://www.nls.net/mp/volks/

96 GC - leaking master cylinder gad Dodge 2 December 6th 04 08:20 PM
'97 Voyager - Brakes MamaB Dodge 20 December 6th 04 01:26 AM
67 beetle master cylinder spacer Hal VW air cooled 8 November 13th 04 04:17 AM
Master Cylinder - which part number should I use? Chuck Townsley VW air cooled 4 October 21st 04 03:55 PM
'96 Brake Master ? E. Jones Saturn 3 August 15th 04 02:54 PM