Gas Milage

Old February 27th 05, 03:37 AM
Scott

Default Gas Milage

Hi,

I have a 1996 Saturn SC2 DOHC. I usually go about 230 miles on a tank of
gas. The last couple of months, I can barely go 200 miles. I drive mostly
in the city, short trips, which I have always done. I am sure the cold
weather has something to do with it, since I allow the car to warm up a
little longer before I leave in the mornings, but would that effect the
milage that much? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!!

Scott

T \ B
/
\
\

Old February 27th 05, 04:32 AM

Scott writes:

> I have a 1996 Saturn SC2 DOHC. I usually go about 230 miles on a tank of
> gas. The last couple of months, I can barely go 200 miles. I drive mostly
> in the city, short trips, which I have always done. I am sure the cold
> weather has something to do with it, since I allow the car to warm up a
> little longer before I leave in the mornings, but would that effect the
> milage that much?

Yes.

Old February 27th 05, 02:33 PM
The Real Tom

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 03:37:21 GMT, "Scott" >
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have a 1996 Saturn SC2 DOHC. I usually go about 230 miles on a tank of
>gas. The last couple of months, I can barely go 200 miles. I drive mostly
>in the city, short trips, which I have always done. I am sure the cold
>weather has something to do with it, since I allow the car to warm up a
>little longer before I leave in the mornings, but would that effect the
>milage that much? Any ideas?
>
>Thanks in advance!!
>
>Scott

I've heard the boost that an engine gets with the cooler air entering
the engine, is quickly over come by the cold temperatures effects on
lubricants. The tire behave differently, chassi lube is thicker, car
eats up gas reving higher to warm up.

So, come to accept my fuel efficency goes down over colder months.

Does anyone have a site that summerizes what I was told?

thx,

tom @ www.MedicalJobList.com

92 nissan pickup gas milage Wwj2110 4x4 3 October 13th 04 03:16 AM
Gas milage in a 1990 Civic Terry Honda 0 October 4th 04 05:44 PM
2003 Civic Gas Milage Pars Honda 2 October 3rd 04 10:23 PM
2003 Stratus 2.4L Bad Milage. Why? NDA Dodge 20 April 20th 04 03:34 PM