I bought a DriveRight Carchip e/x

Old December 31st 04, 03:43 AM
Lawrence Glickman

Default I bought a DriveRight Carchip e/x

WAY way cool.

get the e/x model ( advanced ) and see your engine parameters on your
computer as they were recorded over up to 300 hours !

I have my sampling rate set to once per 5 seconds, so I'm not using
300 hours of driving, with a sample once/minute.

So far, looking Good.

But I'll still keep my 9145 for the heck of it. I guess, since I have
the 9135 also brand new, and that makes 3.

By far, the carchip data logger seems to be the best idea, as it
measures your engine parameters as you drive around, and saves them
for downloading to your computer.

You can choose something like 4 or 5 parameters to monitor for each
trip, you set what you want to record and log with your computer when
you plug the chip into the serial cable attachment.

IMO, way cool.

Lg

Old December 31st 04, 01:13 PM
gobroncos

very cool! where do u get them, and how much do they cost?

Old December 31st 04, 03:08 PM
Lawrence Glickman

On 31 Dec 2004 04:13:42 -0800, "gobroncos" > wrote:

>very cool! where do u get them, and how much do they cost?

Hi Jim, I bought it at Sears in the automotive section of the main
store. I went in looking for a serpentine belt changing tool and came
away with this ^_^. It is $149 + tax ( ouch ) but, I think it is
really worth it ! Because I have a $100 deductible on my car-repair
warranty at the dealership. And if it is something I can do myself, I
can just find out about it this way.

Lg

Old December 31st 04, 05:05 PM
Rex B

oups.com...

http://www.midwayautosupply.com/deta...tion.asp?11776

Old December 31st 04, 05:15 PM
Lawrence Glickman

On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 10:05:33 -0600, "Rex B" >
wrote:

>"gobroncos" > wrote in message
roups.com...
>> very cool! where do u get them, and how much do they cost?

>http://www.midwayautosupply.com/deta...tion.asp?11776

Not the correct product/URL.

This one:

http://www.davisnet.com/drive/produc....asp?pnum=8220