Another Regional Difference

Old May 7th 05, 01:02 AM
Scott en Aztlán

On 6 May 2005 12:58:19 -0700, "Larry Bud" >
wrote:

>Scott en Aztlán wrote:
>> On 6 May 2005 11:00:15 -0700, "Larry Bud" >
>> wrote:

>vehicles,

>exactly

>list.
>> >
>> >You're in those states an awful lot Scott.

>> Just what are you trying to say, Bud?

>Just making an observation.

Ah, OK. For a moment there I was starting to get defensive.

Old May 8th 05, 06:43 PM
Ashton Crusher

wrote:

>Scott en Aztlán wrote:
>> Here in the ArkLaTex, the "hot" vehicles are mid 80s GM vehicles,
>> especially Oldsmobiles.

>Are you in a travelling circus? How do you hit so many states?

The question that always comes to my mind is how come the "bad
drivers" always seem to form a beehive around Scott? I've driven all
over the US and many countries in Europe and never have many problems,
and it's not because I'm a slow driver. I'm usually first off the
line and watching my radar detector for the second by second updates.
Some bad drivers you can't do much about but 95% of them can be pretty
easily dealt with and avoided no matter what state you are in and what
tricks they have up their sleeve. Yet Scott can drive 2 blocks to a
minimart without being cut off twice, forced out of his lane, required
to take massive evasive maneuvers, and that's just while he's backing
out of his driveway. When he pulls into the minimart parking lot
things really get dicey.....
--
New service to compete with paypal
Get $25 pre-registration bonus by
Old May 9th 05, 01:00 AM
Arif Khokar

Scott en Aztlán wrote:

> Actually, all of that stuff happens to you, too - you're just too
> oblivious to notice.

It doesn't happen to me that often either. Then again, I drive in areas
that have substantially less traffic as opposed to where you usually drive.
Old May 9th 05, 02:35 AM
L Sternn

On Sun, 08 May 2005 18:19:18 -0700, Scott en Aztlán
> wrote:

>On Mon, 09 May 2005 00:00:52 GMT, Arif Khokar >
>wrote:
>
>>> Actually, all of that stuff happens to you, too - you're just too
>>> oblivious to notice.

>>It doesn't happen to me that often either. Then again, I drive in areas
>>that have substantially less traffic as opposed to where you usually drive.

>You'll notice there have been no stories of asshole drivers from me
>for the past week while I was in the ArkLaTex - somehow I didn't
>manage to attract any asshole drivers while I was out there. So much
>for the OP's theory.

You weren't driving around Houston or D/FW then, I take it.
Old May 9th 05, 04:39 AM
L Sternn

On Sun, 08 May 2005 19:42:02 -0700, Scott en Aztlán
> wrote:

>On Sun, 08 May 2005 18:35:31 -0700, L Sternn > wrote:
>
>>>You'll notice there have been no stories of asshole drivers from me
>>>for the past week while I was in the ArkLaTex - somehow I didn't
>>>manage to attract any asshole drivers while I was out there. So much
>>>for the OP's theory.

>>You weren't driving around Houston or D/FW then, I take it.

>Nope - my rental car contract did not allow me to leave LA.
>
>I did fly through DFW, however. They have a really nice TGI Friday's
>right there in the airport!

There's something wrong with you if you're describing any TGI Friday's
as "really nice".

Old May 11th 05, 02:42 AM
Dan J.S.

"Scott en Aztlán" > wrote in message
> On 6 May 2005 11:00:15 -0700, "Larry Bud" >
> wrote:
>

>>Scott en Aztlán wrote:

>>> WTF are you talking about? In the last 12 months I've been to exactly
>>> three states (in addition to CA, where I live): AZ, WI, and LA. Go
>>> back two years and you can add only one more state (IL) to the list.

>>You're in those states an awful lot Scott.

> Just what are you trying to say, Bud?

You smuggle drugs for a living?

Old May 11th 05, 06:29 AM
Ashton Crusher

On Sun, 08 May 2005 16:00:55 -0700, Scott en Aztlán
> wrote:

>On Sun, 08 May 2005 10:43:48 -0700, Ashton Crusher >
>wrote:
>
>>The question that always comes to my mind is how come the "bad
>>drivers" always seem to form a beehive around Scott? I've driven all
>>over the US and many countries in Europe and never have many problems,
>>and it's not because I'm a slow driver. I'm usually first off the
>>line and watching my radar detector for the second by second updates.
>>Some bad drivers you can't do much about but 95% of them can be pretty
>>easily dealt with and avoided no matter what state you are in and what
>>tricks they have up their sleeve. Yet Scott can drive 2 blocks to a
>>minimart without being cut off twice, forced out of his lane, required
>>to take massive evasive maneuvers, and that's just while he's backing
>>out of his driveway. When he pulls into the minimart parking lot
>>things really get dicey.....

>Actually, all of that stuff happens to you, too - you're just too
>oblivious to notice.

If I don't notice does it really happen??? If a tree falls in the
forest.....
Old May 11th 05, 06:29 AM
Ashton Crusher

On Sun, 08 May 2005 18:19:18 -0700, Scott en Aztlán
> wrote:

>On Mon, 09 May 2005 00:00:52 GMT, Arif Khokar >
>wrote:
>
>>> Actually, all of that stuff happens to you, too - you're just too
>>> oblivious to notice.

>>It doesn't happen to me that often either. Then again, I drive in areas
>>that have substantially less traffic as opposed to where you usually drive.

>You'll notice there have been no stories of asshole drivers from me
>for the past week while I was in the ArkLaTex - somehow I didn't
>manage to attract any asshole drivers while I was out there. So much
>for the OP's theory.

But what were the people of ArkLaTex saying about you?? And is it
really spelled with the weird caps??
Old May 15th 05, 11:48 PM
Ashton Crusher

On Wed, 11 May 2005 06:44:01 -0700, Scott en Aztlán
> wrote:

>On Tue, 10 May 2005 22:29:58 -0700, Ashton Crusher >
>wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 08 May 2005 18:19:18 -0700, Scott en Aztlán
> wrote:

>>>You'll notice there have been no stories of asshole drivers from me
>>>for the past week while I was in the ArkLaTex - somehow I didn't
>>>manage to attract any asshole drivers while I was out there. So much
>>>for the OP's theory.

>>But what were the people of ArkLaTex saying about you??

>Dang, that boah sure draves fast!! nyuk nyuk!!!

Why am I hearing banjo music??

Old May 16th 05, 08:53 AM

Well, they are cheap and easy to get parts for as most GM products are
out there in the hundreds of thousands. In LA we see more Civics,
Accords, etc. maybe because of the tight parking needs and the ability
to cut through back alleys with them to avoid traffic. People still
insist on decking out their cheesy old Civics with cheesy plastic
spoilers, fender flares, Mexicrap stickers and those retarded little
mufflers that make the car sound like a lawn mower on steroids and lets
everyone in the barrio know that you're driving a cheesy old Civic. If
it were me I wouldn't want to be calling attention to my crappy little
car, but oh well.