Valentine 1 - Radar Miracles

Old December 30th 04, 03:15 PM

Default Valentine 1 - Radar Miracles

I have been running radar detectors for about 25 years now. 25 years
ago radar detectors made you impervious to police. The radar cops
employed back then was on all the time and you could pick them off at 2
miles easily.

Today it is a totally different scene. High tech electronics and with
IC boards and motorola CPUs have completely altered the landscape of
electronic "warfare" with coppers.

Of all the detectors I've ever had this V1 is a God. I will never ever
use anything else! Let me tell this story.

Last year my best friend died. I had to drive from Atlanta to Seattle
for his funeral. I couldn't fly because of certain constraints I
cannot address in this story.

I had to be there in 24 hours so i was in a hurry. I drove over 100
mph for 2675 miles. I had about 20 encounters with various police
radar and not one ticket! Not one!!!

Take that Escort! My V1 made me impervious to police radar!

When I arrived at the church there was a cop there to escort the
funeral procession. My detector went off full alert. I put it in my
coat pocket when I parked my car so no one would steal it. As I
approached the casket of my best friend I leaned over in grief to say
by to him one last time. The V1 brushed the casket. You know what
happened next? That's right Billy Bob sat straight up in that damned
coffin and walked out the door just laughing and cutting up like he was
never dead!!

Praise JAYZUZ! Mike Valentine can raise the dead!!!

Old January 1st 05, 01:42 AM
James

> wrote in message
oups.com...
>I have been running radar detectors for about 25 years now. 25 years
> ago radar detectors made you impervious to police. The radar cops
> employed back then was on all the time and you could pick them off at 2
> miles easily.
>
> Today it is a totally different scene. High tech electronics and with
> IC boards and motorola CPUs have completely altered the landscape of
> electronic "warfare" with coppers.
>
> Of all the detectors I've ever had this V1 is a God. I will never ever
> use anything else! Let me tell this story.
>
> Last year my best friend died. I had to drive from Atlanta to Seattle
> for his funeral. I couldn't fly because of certain constraints I
> cannot address in this story.
>
> I had to be there in 24 hours so i was in a hurry. I drove over 100
> mph for 2675 miles. I had about 20 encounters with various police
> radar and not one ticket! Not one!!!
>
> Take that Escort! My V1 made me impervious to police radar!
>
> When I arrived at the church there was a cop there to escort the
> funeral procession. My detector went off full alert. I put it in my
> coat pocket when I parked my car so no one would steal it. As I
> approached the casket of my best friend I leaned over in grief to say
> by to him one last time. The V1 brushed the casket. You know what
> happened next? That's right Billy Bob sat straight up in that damned
> coffin and walked out the door just laughing and cutting up like he was
> never dead!!
>
> Praise JAYZUZ! Mike Valentine can raise the dead!!!

This story has to be true because it is on the Internet, right?

Old January 1st 05, 01:42 AM
James

oups.com...

Old January 1st 05, 03:39 AM
Jim Yanik

"James" > wrote in news:IaednWO7rNtpbEjcRVn-
:

> wrote in message
> oups.com...
>>I have been running radar detectors for about 25 years now. 25 years
>> ago radar detectors made you impervious to police. The radar cops
>> employed back then was on all the time and you could pick them off at 2
>> miles easily.
>>
>> Today it is a totally different scene. High tech electronics and with
>> IC boards and motorola CPUs have completely altered the landscape of
>> electronic "warfare" with coppers.
>>
>> Of all the detectors I've ever had this V1 is a God. I will never ever
>> use anything else! Let me tell this story.
>>
>> Last year my best friend died. I had to drive from Atlanta to Seattle
>> for his funeral. I couldn't fly because of certain constraints I
>> cannot address in this story.
>>
>> I had to be there in 24 hours so i was in a hurry. I drove over 100
>> mph for 2675 miles. I had about 20 encounters with various police
>> radar and not one ticket! Not one!!!

Obviously he never encountered Instant-On radar.

>> Take that Escort! My V1 made me impervious to police radar!
>>
>> When I arrived at the church there was a cop there to escort the
>> funeral procession. My detector went off full alert. I put it in my
>> coat pocket when I parked my car so no one would steal it. As I
>> approached the casket of my best friend I leaned over in grief to say
>> by to him one last time. The V1 brushed the casket. You know what
>> happened next? That's right Billy Bob sat straight up in that damned
>> coffin and walked out the door just laughing and cutting up like he was
>> never dead!!
>>
>> Praise JAYZUZ! Mike Valentine can raise the dead!!!

> This story has to be true because it is on the Internet, right?

It sounds like one of those stories about fishing.
The fish get bigger each time the story is told.
Or one of those Liar's Club tales.(see who can tell the biggest whopper)

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Old January 1st 05, 03:39 AM
Jim Yanik

Old January 3rd 05, 03:56 PM
Dan J.S.

> wrote in message
oups.com...
>I have been running radar detectors for about 25 years now. 25 years
> ago radar detectors made you impervious to police. The radar cops
> employed back then was on all the time and you could pick them off at 2
> miles easily.
>
> Today it is a totally different scene. High tech electronics and with
> IC boards and motorola CPUs have completely altered the landscape of
> electronic "warfare" with coppers.
>
> Of all the detectors I've ever had this V1 is a God. I will never ever
> use anything else! Let me tell this story.
>
> Last year my best friend died. I had to drive from Atlanta to Seattle
> for his funeral. I couldn't fly because of certain constraints I
> cannot address in this story.
>
> I had to be there in 24 hours so i was in a hurry. I drove over 100
> mph for 2675 miles. I had about 20 encounters with various police
> radar and not one ticket! Not one!!!
>
> Take that Escort! My V1 made me impervious to police radar!
>
> When I arrived at the church there was a cop there to escort the
> funeral procession. My detector went off full alert. I put it in my
> coat pocket when I parked my car so no one would steal it. As I
> approached the casket of my best friend I leaned over in grief to say
> by to him one last time. The V1 brushed the casket. You know what
> happened next? That's right Billy Bob sat straight up in that damned
> coffin and walked out the door just laughing and cutting up like he was
> never dead!!
>
> Praise JAYZUZ! Mike Valentine can raise the dead!!!

You are funny!! But on a serious note, for 90 days (the trial of the Escort
8500) I ran both the Valentine 1 and the 8500 side by side -- and both of
them worked exactly the same. So I decided to try the wireless Escort Solo
s2 - and that also worked just as well. I returned both the Valentine 1 and
the 8500 and stuck with the S2 -- just to eliminate the wires.

Old January 3rd 05, 03:56 PM
Dan J.S.

oups.com...

Old January 3rd 05, 05:38 PM
Garth Almgren

Around 1/3/2005 6:56 AM, Dan J.S. wrote:

> You are funny!! But on a serious note, for 90 days (the trial of the Escort
> 8500) I ran both the Valentine 1 and the 8500 side by side -- and both of
> them worked exactly the same.

It's impossible for them to work exactly the same: The Escorts don't
have directional arrows or a bogey counter, two of the V1's most useful
features.

--
~/Garth |"I believe that it is better to tell the truth than a lie.
Almgren | I believe it is better to be free than to be a slave.
Old January 3rd 05, 05:38 PM
Garth Almgren

Old January 3rd 05, 09:22 PM
Max

a écrit :
> I have been running radar detectors for about 25 years now. 25 years
> ago radar detectors made you impervious to police. The radar cops
> employed back then was on all the time and you could pick them off at 2
> miles easily.

Alright, seems fairly valid...

> Today it is a totally different scene. High tech electronics and with
> IC boards and motorola CPUs have completely altered the landscape of
> electronic "warfare" with coppers.

True.
> Of all the detectors I've ever had this V1 is a God. I will never ever
> use anything else! Let me tell this story.

True (for most). V1 is the cheapest detector solution availible, check
the resale value! Some people prefer Escort, some dont...

> Last year my best friend died. I had to drive from Atlanta to Seattle
> for his funeral. I couldn't fly because of certain constraints I
> cannot address in this story.
>
> I had to be there in 24 hours so i was in a hurry. I drove over 100
> mph for 2675 miles. I had about 20 encounters with various police
> radar and not one ticket! Not one!!!

Seems likely enough...

> Take that Escort! My V1 made me impervious to police radar!

OK.

> When I arrived at the church there was a cop there to escort the
> funeral procession. My detector went off full alert. I put it in my
> coat pocket when I parked my car so no one would steal it.

Everyone should do the same.

As I
> approached the casket of my best friend I leaned over in grief to say
> by to him one last time. The V1 brushed the casket. You know what
> happened next? That's right Billy Bob sat straight up in that damned
> coffin and walked out the door just laughing and cutting up like he was
> never dead!!
>
> Praise JAYZUZ! Mike Valentine can raise the dead!!!

Ummm.... yeah...

--
http://www.saab-900.tk

Radar Detectors Halady Corvette 8 January 24th 05 01:27 AM
FA: Valentine One Radar Detector M5Yates BMW 0 December 24th 04 03:04 PM
What radar detector MES Corvette 74 September 6th 04 07:47 PM