What could cause a roundel to fade overnight?

Old November 11th 04, 07:11 PM
KoKaineBoy

No... Not Bull. Any car wash that has a brush or soft cloth touch the car
will scrape the paint all to ****. If you give me $5 I'll take an old dirty
rag or some 2000grit sandpaper and scrape it up just as good! I'm even
skeptical to run my car through a touchless wash where the jets of water blast
the dirt against the paint.

I'll stick with handwashes even in -15 weather!

Bradwith Furnsfeather

Old November 11th 04, 11:43 PM
Dave Plowman (News)

In article >,
Dan Drake > wrote:
> My point is that I prefer to use it - and wash the crap off it
> periodically, which includes running it through those nasty ol' whirly
> brush car washes.

Perhaps I'm too sensitive, but I'd rather leave it until I get time to
wash it by hand than put up with those horrid swirly scratches.
But I enjoy washing a car. Until I notice the latest car park ding. I
then weep. ;-)

--
*Parenthetical remarks (however relevant) are (usually) unnecessary *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Old November 12th 04, 12:27 AM
Dan Drake

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 23:43:13 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
> wrote:

> But I enjoy washing a car. Until I notice the latest car park ding. I
>then weep. ;-)

Yes, but right after that I also breathe a sigh of relief, because
after the first stone chip or door ding rapes your virgin daughter,
so to speak, then you care less about it. It would be nice to have a
'new' three year old car, but you can't - at least not if you use it.

And yes, I *did* have a virgin daughter at one time...
--
Dan Drake
Old November 12th 04, 01:49 PM
David Haqeman

"Dave Plowman (News)" > wrote in message >...
> In article >,
> Dan Drake > wrote:
> > My point is that I prefer to use it - and wash the crap off it
> > periodically, which includes running it through those nasty ol' whirly
> > brush car washes.

> Perhaps I'm too sensitive, but I'd rather leave it until I get time to
> wash it by hand than put up with those horrid swirly scratches.
> But I enjoy washing a car. Until I notice the latest car park ding. I
> then weep. ;-)

Last month the guys at the front of the carwash...whose job is to
power wash the brake dust off the wheels...use plastic brushes on mop
handles after applying a chemical of sorts.

They nonchantly dip the brush head into a tub of solution and BRUSH
THE HOOD AND LOWER DOORS NEAR THE ROCKER PANELS....after using it on
the wheels!

I went ballistic...and sure enough, I have left to right hairline
scratches on the hood (bonnet).

Dumbasses!

David H.
Old November 12th 04, 11:56 PM
Dori A Schmetterling

I have seen similar here in London. Hair-raising. That's why I prefer
mechanical washes, not a hand-wash by ignorant, untrained people who know
nothing about paint care and have only been employed because they are
desparate for a job and are prepared to take any pay...and may even be here
illegallly so have no recourse to anyone at all..

(End of rant.)

DAS

---

om...

Old November 13th 04, 06:06 PM
Dave Plowman (News)

In article >,
Ramone Cila > wrote:
> Hand washing creates light scratches anyway.

Not if you do it properly. ;-)

--
*Upon the advice of my attorney, my shirt bears no message at this time

Old November 13th 04, 11:29 PM
tech27

"Ramone Cila" > wrote in message
news

> It's a car..it gets scratched just being used...I'm not gonna get all anal
> about how it's washed. I instead chose to deal with the aftermath of use
> and
> wash. It's easier. Hand washing creates light scratches anyway.

True, but there's more to it than than. I think you're just scratching the
surface.