Seeking additional info abour repairs to a Jeep

Old July 13th 05, 07:03 AM
Will Honea

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 00:49:21 UTC Hootowl >
wrote:

> So far as I know, there was no alcoholic beverage tax on ethanol
> produced for use as a fuel back in the gasohol days. I do know that
> producers had to detail their procedures to keep people from drinking
> it in order to get a permit to make it.

That permit was enough to scare most small timers off. Dad and a
neighbor set up a still to ferment the sorgham they were using to feed
cattle. According to them, the cattle did better on the fermented
mash than the raw sorgham and they were going to get rich selling the
ethanol to Texaco. In the end, it wasn't worth the effort, even when
they burned it themselves in farm machinery. Texaco demanded a purity
level that was pretty much out of reach for a small producer. The
main problem was the water absorption level which was pretty much
impossible in a humid climate.

Nothing was added to make it undrinkable (man, a cocktail with that
stuff put Everclear to shame) and I don't recall seeing any particular
security setup. Hell, one slug of that stuff and you lost all desire
for a nip of anything for a while!

--
Will Honea
Old July 15th 05, 06:15 AM
Hootowl

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 17:56:27 -0700, L.W.(ßill) Hughes III
> wrote:

> So you don't have revenuers checking your stills?
> God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O

I live in town, and the neighbors wouldn't let me. But my uncle
Snuffy Smith back up yonder in the hills...

Dan

http://www.billhughes.com/

>Hootowl wrote:
>>
>> By destroying your optic nerves. And just slightly more will paralyze
>> you, and a slight bit more than that will kill you outright. It's
>> vapors are also poisonous. It is also used as a paint stripper.
>>
>> So far as I know, there was no alcoholic beverage tax on ethanol
>> produced for use as a fuel back in the gasohol days. I do know that
>> producers had to detail their procedures to keep people from drinking
>> it in order to get a permit to make it.
>>
>> Dan

Got to love that HEMI. Here is some info on it. In our Dodge and Jeep Scott S. Dodge 0 March 31st 05 10:36 AM
What is a TJ? Brian Foster Jeep 23 January 22nd 05 06:06 AM
Jeep VS others Elliot Westcott Chrysler 64 December 19th 04 02:22 PM
Additional repairs when changing timing belt-- advisable? jbourgeois Honda 3 October 29th 04 07:07 PM