156 Child seat advice please

Old June 8th 04, 01:41 PM
Martin

Default 156 Child seat advice please

Hi,

Going to be getting a new child seat for my son soon (currently 7 months,
but BIG!), want him to stay rear facing as long as possible, but it looks
like I will need to get a next stage seat by around 9 months.

Anyone got any views on car child seats (9 months-4 years) for the 156 (2004
Sportwagon). I tried out a Britax First Class in Halfords, but it is huge!
Current top of the list is the Maxi Cosi Priori XP. Have heard mix
reports about using the current ISOFIX standard seats, so not too bothered
about that.

Any views / advice appreciated.

Thanks,

Martin.

Old June 9th 04, 07:09 AM
DesmaisonLCM

Dans l'article >, "Martin"
>a écrit :

>Going to be getting a new child seat for my son soon (currently 7 months,
>but BIG!), want him to stay rear facing as long as possible, but it looks
>like I will need to get a next stage seat by around 9 months.
>
>Anyone got any views on car child seats (9 months-4 years) for the 156 (2004
>Sportwagon). I tried out a Britax First Class in Halfords, but it is huge!
>Current top of the list is the Maxi Cosi Priori XP. Have heard mix
>reports about using the current ISOFIX standard seats, so not too bothered
>about that.
>
>Any views / advice appreciated.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Martin.

with two kids at the back of my 156 saloon it's impossible to put another
people at the middle of the back seat.
One kid is 12 months, in front facing seat position ( in a car child seat for
0month to 3years or 15kg if i remember well). It's a big child seat with
3points belt.
This seat was in rear facing from the birth until 9 month and then i put it in
front facing after put i let it in the most horizontal position in first. Now
at 12 month, i put it in intermediate position .( i have 3 slope positions from
near horizontal to near vertical as the back seat itself).
The second is front facing seat too , 3.5years old, in a child seat for 15 kg
to 22kg. This seat is using the car security belt as for an adult.
I don't have isofix system , i know this system is very useful because it's a
peace of sh..t to put or remove child seats when you want to use your back
seats.
If you have isofix in your car go for it, but you can only use your seat in a
car with isofix system, no belt.

Bruno.

Old June 30th 04, 05:29 PM
Eddy Crack

> >Going to be getting a new child seat for my son soon (currently 7 months,
> >but BIG!), want him to stay rear facing as long as possible, but it looks
> >like I will need to get a next stage seat by around 9 months.
> >
> >Anyone got any views on car child seats (9 months-4 years) for the 156 (2004
> >Sportwagon). I tried out a Britax First Class in Halfords, but it is huge!
> >Current top of the list is the Maxi Cosi Priori XP. Have heard mix
> >reports about using the current ISOFIX standard seats, so not too bothered
> >about that.
> >

> with two kids at the back of my 156 saloon it's impossible to put another
> people at the middle of the back seat.
> One kid is 12 months, in front facing seat position ( in a car child seat for
> 0month to 3years or 15kg if i remember well). It's a big child seat with
> 3points belt.
> This seat was in rear facing from the birth until 9 month and then i put it in
> front facing after put i let it in the most horizontal position in first. Now
> at 12 month, i put it in intermediate position .( i have 3 slope positions from
> near horizontal to near vertical as the back seat itself).
> The second is front facing seat too , 3.5years old, in a child seat for 15 kg
> to 22kg. This seat is using the car security belt as for an adult.
> I don't have isofix system , i know this system is very useful because it's a
> peace of sh..t to put or remove child seats when you want to use your back
> seats.
> If you have isofix in your car go for it, but you can only use your seat in a
> car with isofix system, no belt.

I have ISOFIX in my (new model) 156 SW.
The thing I like about ISOFIX is the safety, not the installation of
the seat (as that is even more complex as with belts I think).
With ISOFIX you have to be careful that the current version still
requires the seat and the car to be certified, and Alfa only certified
a Kiddy seat. I am using a Roemer ISOFIX seat (not certified), and
also installed the belt for insurance.
Note that you immediately notice the firm positioning of the seat with
ISOFIX, where the belts are actually not doing any work....

Hope this helps.

Edwin
Old July 5th 04, 04:38 PM
Martin

Hi Eddy,

Thanks for the info - I think Roemer is the same as Britax in the UK - so I
guess you have the equivalent of the Britax ISOFIX Duo?

I liked the idea of this seat - but could not get certification that it
would fit OK. From what you say, it sounds like it fits well. How do you
find the size of the seat? It does seem to look a very large unit,
particularly with the recline mechanism etc. Can you still get 2
passengers in the back with this?

Thanks,

Martin.

Old August 6th 04, 01:21 PM
Martin

In case any one is interested, I ended up buying a Britax Renaissance.

I nearly got an Isofix duo but it didn't seem secure enough (strangely!).

The renaissance fits extremely well in the 156 (and in the front seat of my
wifes 200SX). It has a "foot" which extends out of the bottom of the seat
pressing in to the car seat after the belt has been attached. This makes it
rock solid (although it does leave an indentation in the seat).

I found many of the car seats unsuitable due to the long(ish) seat belt
buckle strap in the 156 which should fit flush against the side of the seat
and not pivot on it at all. The renaissance works because it is quite a
big seat, with an outer frame which provides extra distance for the buckle
strap.

Martin.