new homepage.

Old February 25th 05, 05:56 AM
DougW

Default new homepage.

Sorta.. I went and got myself a domain.

It's a hole but it has a nice bandwidth limit
and good space. So it's a plush hole.

http://revbeergoggles.com
based on another nym I go by and the fact
the domain name I initially wanted was tooken.

On the bright side I can now hold more details and
better pictures. Rather than scattering my stuff all
over a few domains on the cox hompages and dealing with
a 10M cap.

Have a happy.

--
-- DougW -- 93 ZJ 4.0 http://members.cox.net/wilsond
HESCO Supercharger - 300W IASCA Stereo - Edelbrock IAS Shocks

Old February 25th 05, 06:28 AM
Kevin in San Diego

lol, yep. I have seven cox email addresses each with 10m caps. All my videos
have to squeeze into 10m chunks. I will have to do the same soon Doug.
KH

Old February 25th 05, 06:51 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Hi Doug,
Congratulations.
Interesting, you're contracting though godaddy.com? I can't find
any info, other your domain name is taken at whois:
http://www.networksolutions.com/en_U...questid=130583
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old February 25th 05, 12:13 PM
DougW

L.W. ("ßill") Hughes III did pass the time by typing:
> Hi Doug,
> Congratulations.
> Interesting, you're contracting though godaddy.com? I can't find
> any info, other your domain name is taken at whois:

It hasn't fully propagated yet, that takes a while. You can see the information
or lack thereof by using godaddy. At any rate when it finally shows up all anyone
can see is it's held by domainsbyproxy. Another good feature that lets me register
using correct info (phone, address, etc) but then shield it from the general public.

I chose godaddy because they hate spammers and kick them off very quickly. That and
a fairly cheap price for basic service.

--
DougW

Old February 25th 05, 02:38 PM
Peter Parker

In article <UDETd.11048$Ps.609@okepread06>,
DougW > wrote:
>L.W. ("ßill") Hughes III did pass the time by typing:
>> Hi Doug,
>> Congratulations.
>> Interesting, you're contracting though godaddy.com? I can't find
>> any info, other your domain name is taken at whois:

>It hasn't fully propagated yet, that takes a while. You can see the information
>or lack thereof by using godaddy. At any rate when it finally shows up all anyone
>can see is it's held by domainsbyproxy. Another good feature that lets me register
>using correct info (phone, address, etc) but then shield it from the general public.
>
>I chose godaddy because they hate spammers and kick them off very quickly. That and
>a fairly cheap price for basic service.

Smart move!

That is the way to go. Keeps those stalkers like Bill from stalking you
out. :-) The "No Bill zone".
--
Jeeps and dubs and everything's nice...
Old February 25th 05, 03:37 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Except my domain belongs to me:
http://www.networksolutions.com/en_U...questid=898109
Then I pay fifteen bucks a month to host it: http://www.interland.com/
That's for their basic plan, half a gig storage and twenty gig transfer
per month. Or I could host it myself like the Sandman here, if I wanted
to put up with COX and have a machine running all the time.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old February 25th 05, 06:01 PM
Steve

Well, there's nothing quite like being the master of your own domain,
but I rather like my dyndns.org subdomain at zero dollars per month and
home hosting for zero dollars per month on top of basic residential
service. Most ISPs won't object as long as the transfer rates are minimal.

Steve
http://xjeep.dyndns.org

Old February 27th 05, 10:40 PM
Dave Milne

I run mail servers for my friends and family on a (really) old Pentium II
450 using dyndns.org's custom DNS. I have another backup Pentium II on
standby in a different location in case it all goes horribly wrong.

Dave Milne, Scotland
'91 Grand Wagoneer, '99 TJ