California Emissions for 2000 Ford(49state) HELP!

Old January 31st 05, 11:23 PM
TheSmogTech

Default California Emissions for 2000 Ford(49state) HELP!

RETRIEVED FROM: http://www.smogtips.com

It's true, there is a difference with California legal and Federal
legal emission requirements. And for the most part California is
stricter. However, a vehicle which has all the Federal required
emission components, should pass a California smog inspection. It is
true that California cars have different, and in some cases more,
emission components then Federal cars, but this does not mean that
these cars can't be registered in California. A vehicle which is
equipped with the necessary Federal Emission Components is eligible for
California registration as long as the vehicle's exhaust emissions fall
within California's limits. It's true, in some cases Federal cars have
different or less emission components, but this does not ban them from
registering in California.

As far as registering your car in California. You're first step should
be to take the vehicle to a reputable smog station and obtain a
California Smog Inspection. The county you live in determines whether
you will need a Test-Only inspection or a Test/Repair inspection. The
simplest way to find out which test you will need is to call the Bureau
of Automotive Repair at (800)952-5210 and tell them which Zip Code you
live in and they will be able to advise you as to which inspection you
will need. Or you can Click Here to visit there web page and get this
information on-line. Next you will need to visit the DMV and present
the vehicle title and smog certificate to the DMV agent. They will then
register the car under your name. You may also have to show proof of
liability insurance.

I hope this information is helpful to you. If there is anything I can
help with in the future, don't hesitate to e-mail.

For more information you may want to locate a reputable smog service
center in your area by simply typing in your zip code in the Smog Shop
Locator search section at www.smogtips.com

Sincerely,
Alec - SmogTips Support http://www.smogtips.com

Death wrote:
> from www.smogcheck.ca.gov
>
> A federally certified vehicle may be registered in California without

> modification as long as it has all of the emissions equipment which

was on the
> vehicle when it was first sold. The equipment must all function

correctly. If
> the car has missing, disconnected or tampered emissions parts, you

will not be
> able to register the car here until those deficiencies are corrected,

even if
> that means locating hard-to-find and expensive original equipment.

Repair-cost
> waivers, Economic Hardship Extensions and Limited Parts Exemptions DO

NOT
> APPLY to vehicles being brought in from out of state.
>
> Do not add additional emissions control equipment to your federally

certified
> vehicle in order to bring it to California. Do not attempt to make a

federal
> vehicle conform to California standards. Do, however, get a tune up

to factory
> specifications if your car is running rough or has not been adjusted

> factory specifications for some time. Regular maintenance will help

you pass
> your Smog Check.
>

> In article k.net>,

"Chuck
> Bremer" > wrote:
> >Check out

>http://smogcheck.ca.gov/StdPage.asp?.../Out_of_State_
> >Car_(Stop_Before_You_Buy).htm (i know.. its a long one)... This is

the
> >official smog check program website for CA, and should tell you what

you
> >need to know, or at least give you a good start. The DMV website is

pretty
> >useless, but you can download all the necessary forms and print them

out
> >from that website. Saves a trip to a DMV office! Sepaking of

DMV... :
> >http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/brochures...onresident.htm tells you

all the
> >forms & steps you need to follow. Looks like if the Escort has more

than
> >7500 miles, it is not considered a new car, and is therefore exempt

from
> >meeting California emissions rules. And no, you do not need to pay

the $300
> >fine (I know they called it a fee, but who are they kidding?) any

longer.

> >Good luck!
> >Chuck

ZX-2 in

California, she

Her

registered in

involved? It

the

discover. I

find it

> And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him

was Death, and Hell followed with him...