XP, SBLive, TSW

Old November 9th 04, 01:25 AM
EldredP

Default XP, SBLive, TSW

Well, I built a new computer(thanks to a generous fellow sim racer). Since the
mobo doesn't have any ISA slots, I can't use my PDPL gamecard. The USB wheel I
have doesn't have split-axis, so that makes it difficult to drive. I tried
using my SBLive's gameport to run my TSW wheel. Couldn't find(or create) a
config that worked right. Either the config didn't show both pedals, or the
calibrate screen kept jumping around. This is a winXP system, and I'm sure I'm
just not used to XP yet. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks!

Eldred
--
http://www.umich.edu/~epickett

GPLRank -6.0 MoGPL rank +267.80
Ch.Rank +52.58
Hist. +82.34
N2k3 rank: -1.182
Slayer Spektera lvl 79 assassin
Slayer Spectral_K lvl 44 Necro
US East
Old November 9th 04, 01:45 AM
bob

"EldredP" -OFF> wrote in message
> Well, I built a new computer(thanks to a generous fellow sim racer).

Since the
> mobo doesn't have any ISA slots, I can't use my PDPL gamecard.

no wonder u suck so bad, your steering has probably been lagged this whole
time

Old November 9th 04, 02:06 AM
Jone Tytlandsvik

bob wrote:
> some crap

Who is this moron? There are many different people here but I thought
children would find it boring and go away.

Old November 9th 04, 02:26 AM
ZZ

Eldred, which verson of Direct X are you using? Try DX 9, or reinstall it.

ZZ
--
I'm Richard "ZZ" Busch, and I approved this message.

Member:
Screamers Racing League
oAo
OaO
MARA TransAm
GPL Rank + 14.768
MoGPL Rank + 309.654
N2003 Rank -18.8060
Old November 9th 04, 05:06 AM
EldredP

>Who is this moron? There are many different people here but I thought
>children would find it boring and go away.

It's just a question of mind over matter. I don't mind, 'cause he doesn't
matter...

Eldred

Old November 9th 04, 05:07 AM
EldredP

>Eldred, which verson of Direct X are you using? Try DX 9, or reinstall it.

It was DX9, loaded when I installed N2k3.

Eldred

Old November 9th 04, 06:54 AM
bob

"EldredP" -OFF> wrote in message

> >Who is this moron? There are many different people here but I thought
> >children would find it boring and go away.

> It's just a question of mind over matter. I don't mind, 'cause he doesn't
> matter...

I try to help you and you get all philosophical? wtf

Old November 9th 04, 10:50 AM
Uwe Schürkamp

On 09 Nov 2004 00:25:58 GMT, EldredP wrote:
> Well, I built a new computer(thanks to a generous fellow sim racer). Since the
> mobo doesn't have any ISA slots, I can't use my PDPL gamecard. The USB wheel I
> have doesn't have split-axis, so that makes it difficult to drive. I tried
> using my SBLive's gameport to run my TSW wheel. Couldn't find(or create) a
> config that worked right. Either the config didn't show both pedals, or the
> calibrate screen kept jumping around. This is a winXP system, and I'm sure I'm
> just not used to XP yet. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks!
>
> Eldred

Hi Eldi,

cannot really comment as I'm not on XP, but my TSW works fine on the
SBLive's game port. I had to do some simple rewiring that's outlined
on my homepage (see below for URL), and then I defined a new entry in
win98se as a standard 3 axis / 4 button joystick and it worked just
fine.

Make sure you disable / enable "poll with interrupts enabled" in the
game controller config, cannot remember which one it was.

Let me know if you need more help and I'll be happy to.

cheers,

uwe

--
mail replies to Uwe at schuerkamp dot de ( yahoo address is spambox)
Uwe Schuerkamp //////////////////////////// http://www.schuerkamp.de/
Old November 9th 04, 04:50 PM
Phillip Malphrus, Jr.

I have xp. The short of it is that it will be very difficult to get the TSW
working with XP correctly. With my TSW2, it would work but work poorly
because the option Uwe was talking about does not exist in XP, poll with
interrupts enabled. So, I didnt have that much success until I got new lower
grade 200 pots from Thomas Enterprises and a USB converter, then it was a
ton better. They actually have a better method now that will basically
rewire the TSW into a "native" USB controller with the high grade pots and
that is what I will do eventually but havent since I dont drive that much
right now. So, I would go that route ...