Stupid Americans! -- Stupid... Stupid... STUPID!!! ___________mixqec

Old November 14th 04, 10:08 PM
Sparky

linda wrote:
> Sparky wrote:
>
>> Big Bill wrote:

>>> So you don't think what I say is right?
>>> Have you watched TV lately?

>> Some. I think you're confusing fiction with reality.
>>
>> Are you saying adult white guys *aren't* running things across the USA?

> You know, I love men. i love one man in particular (no, not you Matt!!!
> i know it breaks your heart!!!)... and i have no scientific proof -; ,
> but l think you misspelled a word.. instead of "running" you should have
> said "ruining"....

LOL, that works, too.
Old November 14th 04, 10:08 PM
Sparky

linda wrote:
> Sparky wrote:
>
>> Big Bill wrote:

>>> So you don't think what I say is right?
>>> Have you watched TV lately?

>> Some. I think you're confusing fiction with reality.
>>
>> Are you saying adult white guys *aren't* running things across the USA?

> You know, I love men. i love one man in particular (no, not you Matt!!!
> i know it breaks your heart!!!)... and i have no scientific proof -; ,
> but l think you misspelled a word.. instead of "running" you should have
> said "ruining"....

LOL, that works, too.
Old November 14th 04, 10:11 PM
linda

Sparky wrote:
> linda wrote:
>
>> Sparky wrote:

>>> Some. I think you're confusing fiction with reality.
>>>
>>> Are you saying adult white guys *aren't* running things across the USA?

>> You know, I love men. i love one man in particular (no, not you
>> Matt!!! i know it breaks your heart!!!)... and i have no scientific
>> proof -; , but l think you misspelled a word.. instead of "running"
>> you should have said "ruining"....

> LOL, that works, too.

thanks! i appreciate your LOL.. haven't got much of that on this NG...

Old November 14th 04, 10:11 PM
linda

Old November 15th 04, 12:22 PM
Bill Putney

Daniel J. Stern wrote:

> On Fri, 12 Nov 2004, Bill Putney wrote:
>

>>Daniel J. Stern wrote:

>>>You tell him, Bill, that his dog, his tree or his rock is not sentient and
>>>is therefore unable to give consent, and that family members are
>>>prohibited from intermarrying for medical reasons.

>>Well if the medical thing was used in the past to prevent racially mixed
>>marriage, then, by liberal logic, "medical reasons" can never be used
>>for denail of alleged rights in any "rights" issue in the future,
>>because we all know that if a = b, then d = f (by liberal logic).

> The above paragraph consists of you railing against something that has not
> been argued -- at least you've not provided a cite for any such an
> argument. It seems to be something you're afraid might be argued.
>

>>Oh, but Daniel - he disagrees with you about the sentient part,

> Your comparison of homosexual people to dogs, trees and rocks is noted.

Nice try, Daniel, but dishonest.

You're trying to divert attention away from my very valid point that the
criteria that you imply for "marriage" (i.e., must be two *humans*, both
parties must be sentient) are no less arbitrary than the criteria that a
marriage must be between one man and one woman. I claim, although,
tongue in cheek, that you are trying to impose your very narrow and
chauvinistic beliefs (what the hell - call them your own religious
beliefs) on others. It's a valid point - deal with it rather than
trying the shell game.

Same thing with age. If you say that a minor can't consent, with no
other standard to go on, aren't you imposing your own adultist view on
others? To throw out all rules imposed by personal belief systems means
that sadult ought ot be able to marry minors. And any attempt by you to
rationalize such a taboo would be like the arguments that people give
for not allowing marriage to be anything but one man/one woman.

One other thing - the taboo on brother and sister marrying (for medical
reasons) - that presents another dilemma for liberals: So why not
brother "marrying" brother, or sister "marrying" sister - no medical
problem there since no children can be produced by that "relationship"
(we'll overlook for the moment one of the main purposes of true
marriage)? The liberal dilemma is that that would be "sexually"
discriminatory because - hey - you're allowing bro and bro but not bro
and sis - clearly a case of sexual discrimination in liberal/ACLU-think.
So by liberal/ACLU-think, you'd then have to allow sis and sis
"marriage". And, once again, to not allow bro on bro would be imposing
your narrow-minded view on others.

Bill Putney
adddress with the letter 'x')

Old November 15th 04, 12:22 PM
Bill Putney

Old November 15th 04, 12:40 PM
Bill Putney

Big Bill wrote:

> Well, tongue in cheek or not, declaring what's sentient and what's not
> can be tricky.
> There are people who claim to be able to understand what animals are
> thinking. *I* think they're frauds, but who's to say with authority?
> And as for laws governing marriage between close blood relatives, what
> if one or both are 'fixed' so children are not possible?
> Point being, once you open the door to such things, well, there's the
> camel.

BB - You must be new at the game of arguing with liberals. Don't you
know that liberals reject all such arguments by calling them "slippery
slope" arguments, as if "slippery slope" logic isn't valid. Even though
it is indeed valid, by attaching a name to it and ridiculing it, they
pretend that, by default, they win any argument at the instant they can
label it "slippery slope". It's in the liberal play book right after
the section on winning an argument by asking your conservative opponent
if they've "seen any black helicopters lately?".

Bill Putney
adddress with the letter 'x')

Old November 15th 04, 12:40 PM
Bill Putney

Old November 15th 04, 04:53 PM
Daniel J. Stern

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004, Bill Putney wrote:

> > Your comparison of homosexual people to dogs, trees and rocks is noted.

> Nice try, Daniel, but dishonest.

Not particularly, Bill. I'm not the one who lumped 'em all together; you
are.

> You're trying to divert attention away from my very valid point that the
> criteria that you imply for "marriage" (i.e., must be two *humans*, both
> parties must be sentient) are no less arbitrary than the criteria that a
> marriage must be between one man and one woman.

It's "very valid" in your mind, of course, for it's your opinion, but
that's all it is. Society is made up of humans. Trees, rocks and dogs are
not part of society. Laws are written by humans. Trees, rocks and dogs do
not write laws. Religious and political beliefs are held by humans, not by
trees, rocks or dogs.

> I claim, although, tongue in cheek, that you are trying to impose your
> very narrow and chauvinistic beliefs (what the hell - call them your own
> religious beliefs) on others.

I call your bluff: How?

> Same thing with age. If you say that a minor can't consent, with no
> other standard to go on, aren't you imposing your own adultist view on
> others?

No standard other than consent is needed. What is so difficult for you
about the concept of "consenting adults"?

> One other thing - the taboo on brother and sister marrying (for medical
> reasons) - that presents another dilemma for liberals: So why not
> brother "marrying" brother, or sister "marrying" sister - no medical
> problem there since no children can be produced by that "relationship"
> (we'll overlook for the moment one of the main purposes of true
> marriage)? The liberal dilemma is that that would be "sexually"
> discriminatory because - hey - you're allowing bro and bro but not bro
> and sis - clearly a case of sexual discrimination in liberal/ACLU-think.
> So by liberal/ACLU-think, you'd then have to allow sis and sis
> "marriage".

Has anyone actually argued this? It sounds like anothr of your tortured
hypotheticals.

Old November 15th 04, 04:53 PM
Daniel J. Stern