Dodge truck commercials...

Old January 23rd 05, 09:37 PM
N8N

Default Dodge truck commercials...

I don't get it... yeah, the new Dodge truck commercials are kinda
funny, but doesn't Dodge have more respect for the past than to run
down one of their own nicest vehicles by painting it as a beat-up
redneck ride? I always liked Dusters, myself...

nate

Old January 23rd 05, 10:51 PM
Bill the second

"N8N" > wrote in message
oups.com...
>I don't get it... yeah, the new Dodge truck commercials are kinda
> funny, but doesn't Dodge have more respect for the past than to run
> down one of their own nicest vehicles by painting it as a beat-up
> redneck ride? I always liked Dusters, myself...

Better than the Toyota minivan commercial where they showcase a rundown,
garbage-bag-window Buick.

Old January 24th 05, 12:03 AM
Daniel J. Stern

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005, N8N wrote:

> I don't get it... yeah, the new Dodge truck commercials are kinda
> funny, but doesn't Dodge have more respect for the past than to run down
> one of their own nicest vehicles by painting it as a beat-up redneck
> ride? I always liked Dusters, myself...

What is it that you don't get? MBAs and marketeers think they're funny and
clever, even when they're not.
Old January 25th 05, 02:29 AM
Nate Nagel

Daniel J. Stern wrote:

> On Sun, 23 Jan 2005, N8N wrote:
>

>>I don't get it... yeah, the new Dodge truck commercials are kinda
>>funny, but doesn't Dodge have more respect for the past than to run down
>>one of their own nicest vehicles by painting it as a beat-up redneck
>>ride? I always liked Dusters, myself...

> What is it that you don't get? MBAs and marketeers think they're funny and
> clever, even when they're not.

I'm just astonished. Usually whenever someone makes an ad with a car
that is clearly an old beater, they will use something not made anymore,
like an AMC or something - that way nobody gets ****ed. But they're
basically saying that a 30 year old Plymouth is crap, which really
doesn't make me want to buy a new Dodge or Chrysler.

nate

--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel

FS: 1972 Dodge Truck Factory Service Manual on ebay will 4x4 0 December 14th 04 03:44 PM
Mitchell on demand 2004 - 2003, Alldata CD SETs, BMW ETC, General Motors, Ford, BMW, Mercedes, Mercedes Truck, Mini E, Porsche, Saab, Volkswagen, Volvo, AUDI, Jaguar, Land Rover, CHRYSLER DODGE, Peugeot and Renault, Acura Isuzu, Kia, Mitsubishi, Niss vvcd VW water cooled 0 September 19th 04 11:35 PM
Parts for a 35 Dodge Truck mitch Dodge 0 July 6th 04 05:17 AM
35 Dodge Truck Parts mitch Antique cars 0 July 6th 04 05:16 AM