88 fox valvecover gasket moony

Old September 10th 06, 05:50 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Lambert Moonen

Default 88 fox valvecover gasket moony

After changing the gasket 5 times with no sucses I pulled the last trick
gleud 2 old gaskets together and installed it and it worked!!!!!
each time I took the cover of I cleaned the filter in cover with gasoline so
on old cars dubbel the gaskets saves you a lot of trouble. Thanks again for
all the good advice,
Lambert Moonen
Los Angeles.

Old September 10th 06, 12:05 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Jonny

"Lambert Moonen" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> After changing the gasket 5 times with no sucses I pulled the last trick
> gleud 2 old gaskets together and installed it and it worked!!!!!
> each time I took the cover of I cleaned the filter in cover with gasoline
> so on old cars dubbel the gaskets saves you a lot of trouble. Thanks again
> for all the good advice,
> Lambert Moonen
> Los Angeles.

Did same on a 88 Fox Wagon just 2 months ago, one gasket. No leaks. Should
get the valve cover gasket with both the forward and aft separate pieces in
the kit. See the Bentley manual for a pictorial. If the pieces are not
installed in the right sequence, you'll get a leak. If the valve cover is
warped, bent, or has indentations where the nuts/washers clamp down, it'll
leak.

The baffle built into the valve cover is the intake for the PCV system on
this particular engine. Its not a filter. If you follow the air hose that
attaches atop the valve cover, you'll see it goes to the air filter housing
box.
--
Jonny

Old September 10th 06, 02:35 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Lost In Space/Woodchuck

2 gaskets, you doing something wrong!

Old September 12th 06, 07:44 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Lambert Moonen

Thank You gentleman for your advice but i got the damn thing running with no
leaks and like the old mechanic's saying if it runs good as is don't fix it.
regards moony.

Old September 12th 06, 02:34 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Jonny

True. Old adage. If it works, don't fix it.
--
Jonny
"Lambert Moonen" > wrote in message
.net...
> Thank You gentleman for your advice but i got the damn thing running with
> no leaks and like the old mechanic's saying if it runs good as is don't
> fix it.
> regards moony.
> "Lambert Moonen" > wrote in message
> ink.net...
>> After changing the gasket 5 times with no sucses I pulled the last trick
>> gleud 2 old gaskets together and installed it and it worked!!!!!
>> each time I took the cover of I cleaned the filter in cover with gasoline
>> so on old cars dubbel the gaskets saves you a lot of trouble. Thanks
>> again for all the good advice,
>> Lambert Moonen
>> Los Angeles.

Gasket valvecover Fox 88 Lambert Moonen VW water cooled 12 August 6th 06 06:29 AM
AWA [OFFER] HEAD GASKET [email protected] General 0 March 15th 06 11:52 AM
4.0 Head Gasket Oil Leak DougW Jeep 8 December 23rd 04 01:42 AM
Head Gasket Leak? maxpower Chrysler 4 October 11th 04 03:00 PM
Gasket replacement - 1992 525i Scott BMW 6 October 2nd 04 04:02 AM