amsoil - good or bad?

Old July 16th 06, 03:17 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default amsoil - good or bad?

"Kevin" > wrote in message

> On the other hand I might go 6,000 miles before the next oil change

because
> I just did a tune up and most of that mileage was highway use. I don't

care
> what studies are done and what tests indicate for any brand of oil or oil
> change interval, the bottom line is that if you use acceptable oil, keep

an
> eye on it, and change the oil and filter when it needs it, then your

engine
> will last as long as it can.

Yep, we pretty much agree, Kev...But would you knowingly buy a used car from
a dip**** who ran 15000-20,000 miles on his oil and filters?????

A dip**** is a dip****, regardless of what oil he uses.

Old July 16th 06, 05:30 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
[email protected]

MamuSpral wrote:
> I have experienced a 15% increase in MPG using Valvoline's
> Synpower from 20MPG to 23MPG so add the savings up over only 3K and you
> will see that Synthetic is actually cheaper

That was not due to the use of synthetic oil, and no legitimate maker
or seller of synthetic oils has ever claimed fuel economy beneifts for
their synthetics.

Old July 16th 06, 12:02 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

"MamuSpral" > wrote in message
news:MamuSpral.2b0pfo@no-I guess if I
> am a dickhead then the folks at GM are also

Ample evidence for this, at any rate.

Old July 16th 06, 12:22 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

> wrote in message
. com...

> "MamuSpral" > wrote in message
> news:MamuSpral.2b0pfo@no-I guess if I
> > am a dickhead then the folks at GM are also

> Ample evidence for this, at any rate.

Look, I guess that I have been a little harsh with you, and for that, I
apologize.

This same type of thread crops up all the time, it always takes the same
form, and
there is never any real agreement about anything.

You apparently havent been reading this group for long, nor have you
searched
the archives about this subject.

There are people who hate Amsoil, people who think it is great, some who
just
hate their multilevel marketing approach. Ditto people who love Mobil 1,
people
who dont think it is worth the money, and others who must send their oil for
a chemical analysis before they apparently are convinced it should be
changed.

Use what you want. Use one of the TV additives and drive without oil if
you wish
to try it.

I really get tire of these oil wars. Filter wars are just about as bad.

Old July 16th 06, 01:38 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Kevin

> wrote in message
. com...

> > wrote in message
> . com...
> >
> > "MamuSpral" > wrote in message
> > news:MamuSpral.2b0pfo@no-I guess if I
> > > am a dickhead then the folks at GM are also

> > Ample evidence for this, at any rate.

> Look, I guess that I have been a little harsh with you, and for that, I
> apologize.
>
> This same type of thread crops up all the time, it always takes the same
> form, and
> there is never any real agreement about anything.
>
> You apparently havent been reading this group for long, nor have you
> searched
> the archives about this subject.
>
> There are people who hate Amsoil, people who think it is great, some who
> just
> hate their multilevel marketing approach. Ditto people who love Mobil 1,
> people
> who dont think it is worth the money, and others who must send their oil

for
> a chemical analysis before they apparently are convinced it should be
> changed.
>
> Use what you want. Use one of the TV additives and drive without oil if
> you wish
> to try it.
>
> I really get tire of these oil wars. Filter wars are just about as bad.

Yeah, it's a shame there isn't a news group like rec.autos.oil.issues for
all those discussions. Then at least this group would only be bothered by
the cross-posters on that subject.
--
Kevin Mouton
Automotive Technology Instructor

Old July 16th 06, 04:40 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
fweddybear

> wrote in message
. com...

> > wrote in message
> . com...
>>
>> "MamuSpral" > wrote in message
>> news:MamuSpral.2b0pfo@no-I guess if I
>> > am a dickhead then the folks at GM are also

>> Ample evidence for this, at any rate.

> Look, I guess that I have been a little harsh with you, and for that, I
> apologize.
>
> This same type of thread crops up all the time, it always takes the same
> form, and
> there is never any real agreement about anything.
>
> You apparently havent been reading this group for long, nor have you
> searched
> the archives about this subject.
>
> There are people who hate Amsoil, people who think it is great, some who
> just
> hate their multilevel marketing approach. Ditto people who love Mobil 1,
> people
> who dont think it is worth the money, and others who must send their oil
> for
> a chemical analysis before they apparently are convinced it should be
> changed.
>
> Use what you want. Use one of the TV additives and drive without oil if
> you wish
> to try it.
>
> I really get tire of these oil wars. Filter wars are just about as bad.

Thats the reason there are so many brands... so people can make a
chjoice of what product(s) to buy or use. Even cars.... what manufacturer
or model..... same with tv's, dvd players.. etc etc....it really boils down
to a personal choice in this world we live in.....the main thing though
about anything you buy is how you maintain it.... if you don't.... you pay
later... if you do, chances are you won't have to shell out big bucks to fix
it.....

Fwed

Old July 16th 06, 04:42 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
fweddybear

> wrote in message
. com...

> > wrote in message
> . com...
>>
>> "MamuSpral" > wrote in message
>> news:MamuSpral.2b0pfo@no-I guess if I
>> > am a dickhead then the folks at GM are also

>> Ample evidence for this, at any rate.

> Look, I guess that I have been a little harsh with you, and for that, I
> apologize.
>
> This same type of thread crops up all the time, it always takes the same
> form, and
> there is never any real agreement about anything.
>
> You apparently havent been reading this group for long, nor have you
> searched
> the archives about this subject.
>
> There are people who hate Amsoil, people who think it is great, some who
> just
> hate their multilevel marketing approach. Ditto people who love Mobil 1,
> people
> who dont think it is worth the money, and others who must send their oil
> for
> a chemical analysis before they apparently are convinced it should be
> changed.
>
> Use what you want. Use one of the TV additives and drive without oil if
> you wish
> to try it.
>
> I really get tire of these oil wars. Filter wars are just about as bad.

Oh.. I forgot to mention.... noone is a dickhead... at least as long as
they have the privelige or right to choose a product that suits them...

Fwed

Old July 17th 06, 08:57 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
[email protected]

oil is a necessity when it comes to operating an auto. tune-ups are a
suggested feature that must be done on a periodic basis for good
performance.

an oil / filter that meets the manufacturers recommendation, should
provide satisfactory service. any product(s) used beyond that point
might be considered - speculative, in my opinion.

>mho
>v fe

>no free rides, just deferred payments....

Are there 'good' and 'bad' years when it comes to Explorers? [email protected] Ford Explorer 4 May 15th 05 12:23 AM
synthetic oils d745 4x4 30 May 2nd 05 03:14 AM
Good morning or good evening depending upon your location. Iwant to ask you the most important question of your life. Your joy or sorrow WindsorFox[SS] Ford Mustang 1 May 2nd 05 01:42 AM
Good morning or good evening depending upon your location. I want to ask you the most important question of your life. Your joy or sorrow for all eternity depends upon your answer. The question is: Are you saved? It is not a question of how good [email protected] BMW 0 April 21st 05 10:01 PM