91 accord doesn't start

Old August 26th 05, 07:20 PM
wannadoitmyself

Default 91 accord doesn't start

My '91 accord has problems starting. It will start when outside temp. has
cooled down. But sometimes it will not, even when it's cold. I thought
about the fuel pump, but I read about other's questions in regard to
similar problems, and the solution given the most was about a RELAY. Could
this be the problem I have? Does this have something to do with the PGM-FI
system? Another symptom about the issue is that I think the car may get
flooded. One day when it gave me the problem of not starting and acting as
if it was flooded was when I started the engine and drove to the gas
station. After paying and coming back to the car, it would not start. I
assumed it was because the engine was now warm, Or the temp that day was
hot. I had to leave the car there and came back to start it finally on my
4th attempt, (6 hours later). I need a mentor on this matter. Thanks.

Old August 26th 05, 08:12 PM
High Tech Misfit

wannadoitmyself wrote:

> My '91 accord has problems starting. It will start when outside temp. has
> cooled down. But sometimes it will not, even when it's cold. I thought
> about the fuel pump, but I read about other's questions in regard to
> similar problems, and the solution given the most was about a RELAY. Could
> this be the problem I have? Does this have something to do with the PGM-FI
> system? Another symptom about the issue is that I think the car may get
> flooded. One day when it gave me the problem of not starting and acting as
> if it was flooded was when I started the engine and drove to the gas
> station. After paying and coming back to the car, it would not start. I
> assumed it was because the engine was now warm, Or the temp that day was
> hot. I had to leave the car there and came back to start it finally on my
> 4th attempt, (6 hours later). I need a mentor on this matter. Thanks.

It definitely sounds like the main relay.
Old August 27th 05, 04:18 AM
'Curly Q. Links'

wannadoitmyself wrote:

> My '91 accord has problems starting. It will start when outside temp. has
> cooled down. But sometimes it will not, even when it's cold. I thought
> about the fuel pump, but I read about other's questions in regard to
> similar problems, and the solution given the most was about a RELAY. Could
> this be the problem I have? Does this have something to do with the PGM-FI
> system? Another symptom about the issue is that I think the car may get
> flooded. One day when it gave me the problem of not starting and acting as
> if it was flooded was when I started the engine and drove to the gas
> station. After paying and coming back to the car, it would not start. I
> assumed it was because the engine was now warm, Or the temp that day was
> hot. I had to leave the car there and came back to start it finally on my
> 4th attempt, (6 hours later). I need a mentor on this matter. Thanks.

================================

Go to google.com, click on groups, search for honda main relay, or just
scroll back a few days and see the __Dozens__ of posts about this most
common of all HONDA problems, and the simple fix.

'Curly'
Old August 27th 05, 06:34 AM
jjjsan

Check your battery cables and connection to battery post. If loose you
could have a intermittant start varying with temp.
Here's info on main relay PGM problem and fix.
http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/faq.html
Jim

Old August 27th 05, 04:46 PM
wannadoitmyself

Thank you all for your response to my answer. I will look into it and see
what's up. Otherwise I'll get back to you. Thanks.

Old August 27th 05, 05:19 PM
Rattus The RAT

"wannadoitmyself" > wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...
> Thank you all for your response to my answer. I will look into it and see
> what's up. Otherwise I'll get back to you. Thanks.

i have that problem, changed the main relay, didn't appear to solve the
problem, asked many mechanics, they don't know unless they keep the car for
1-2 days, no time for that, I just learned to park in the shade! And I
bought this thing you put in your windshield to reflect the sun when I have
to park in the sun. 5,99$ at Walmart.

Old August 27th 05, 05:47 PM
wannadoitmyself

Hey that's a good idea. Thanks, I'll buy me one of those windshield
refletors. Thanks.

Old August 29th 05, 05:59 AM
jjjsan

Also check clamps on the battery post. fixed a similar problem with temp
sensitive starting.
clamp on neg side loose, tighten nut, solved problem. If clamp is good,
check the main relay, seems be a common problem.
Jim

91 Honda Accord no start pete Technology 1 May 21st 05 04:46 AM
intermittent start stevie Honda 3 May 6th 05 04:20 PM
97 V6 SOHC Will Intermittantly Not Start - loses clock/radio memory settings??? Jeff Ford Explorer 0 January 20th 05 03:11 AM
91 accord wont start [email protected] Honda 3 January 4th 05 08:44 PM
94 accord cranks but won't start Matt Honda 7 January 3rd 05 02:06 AM