Something rotten here...

Old January 30th 10, 01:39 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.lexus,rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota.trucks
[email protected]

Default Something rotten here...

On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 15:14:23 -0600, Steve > wrote:

>Don Stauffer wrote:
>> Hachiroku ???? wrote:
>>> A 68 year old woman ran her car through a brick and steel wall, into a
>>> laundromat, and damaged the wall and 5 or 6 washing machines, you know,
>>> the big industrial ones...
>>>
>>> She was sneaking up on a parking space when all of a sudden the car
>>> accelerated and crashed through the wall and the washing machines.
>>> She was driving a Camry. The accident has been attributed by the media to
>>> a 'sticking accelerator'.
>>>
>>> Um, how FAST are you driving when pulling into a parking space? Fast
>>> enough to crash through a brick wall?
>>>

>> I noticed this too. Sticking throttle would not account for
>> acceleration. Maintaining speed when you slow down, sure, but not rapid
>> unintended acceleration.

>The best I can tell, the root of the problem has never been "sticking"
>accelerators. Its erroneous interpretation of the accelerator pedal
>position, which can either act like the pedal is "stuck" or it can act
>like you're pressing the pedal when you actually are not. Some of the
>cases have been unintentional transition to wide-open throttle, which as
>I understand it overrides the ability to shift into neutral on some
>models. Combine that with having to hold down the "start" button for 4
>seconds to actually shut down the engine when the vehicle is in gear,
>and you have the current messy situation.

Don't know what you've been reading or where - but it IS a "stiff"
pedal situation, and not a signal problem, and has NOT resulted in
uncontrolled accelleration, has NOT caused an accident and has NOT
resulted in "transition to full throttle". It is also NOT a widespread
problem. Toyota Canada and CTS (the pedal manufacturer) has reported
"less than a dozen" incidents reported. Zero accidents. ZERO injuries,
and ZERO deaths. They recalled the vehicles because the POSSIBILITY of
the pedal sticking causing injury existed.
Old January 30th 10, 03:43 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
ransley

On Jan 29, 5:52 pm, fred > wrote:
> ransley > wrote :
>
> > On Jan 29, 7:58 am, Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B > wrote:
> >> Gee...I have to go to Vermont next week. When I get pulled over at 90
> >> in my Scion, can I tell the cop it was my "sticking accelerator"?

> > all toyota acidents are now the cars fault, it keeps you rates lower.

> Nonsence. No insurance company is going to be conned that easily. People
> may *try*, but they won't get anywhere.

Alot already have suceeded
Old January 30th 10, 11:10 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
fred

=?iso-2022-jp?q?Hachiroku_=1B$B%O%A%m%=2F=1B=28B?= >
wrote in news
> On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 23:52:41 +0000, fred wrote:
>
>> =?iso-2022-jp?q?Hachiroku_=1B$B%O%A%m%=2F=1B=28B?= >
>> wrote in news >>

>>> Highest I hit so far was 120. How fast do you think a sticking
>>> accelerator is good for?
>>>
>>> Sure glad I don't own a Lexus. When I do runs to find the top speed,
>>> I like to do it MYSELF!!
>>>

>> The all time best has to be that scene in "The World's Fastest
>> Indian".

> I'm afraid I'm at a loss here...

Have you seen the movie? If not you wouldn't understand.

There's a Scene where he zooms down a desert road in Nevada to see if
he's fixed the wobble problem he had. Speeding past a cop at about
150MPH.

Old January 30th 10, 11:10 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
fred

ransley > wrote in
:

> On Jan 29, 5:52 pm, fred > wrote:
>> ransley > wrote
>>
>> om:

>> > all toyota acidents are now the cars fault, it keeps you rates
>> > lower.

>> Nonsence. No insurance company is going to be conned that easily.
>> People may *try*, but they won't get anywhere.

> Alot already have suceeded

Prove it. Show me documentation of proof of settlement.

Old January 30th 10, 12:44 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
ransley

On Jan 29, 5:52 pm, fred > wrote:
> ransley > wrote :
>
> > On Jan 29, 7:58 am, Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B > wrote:
> >> Gee...I have to go to Vermont next week. When I get pulled over at 90
> >> in my Scion, can I tell the cop it was my "sticking accelerator"?

> > all toyota acidents are now the cars fault, it keeps you rates lower.

> Nonsence. No insurance company is going to be conned that easily. People
> may *try*, but they won't get anywhere.

Thaey already have suceeded and will because nobody can prove them
wrong with a RECALL and Stopping production going on, wake up. If I
say the car did it you cant prove me a liar, with no production and a
national recall on now, its a wait game and toyota looses from now on
no mater what the outcome is.
Old January 30th 10, 12:46 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.lexus,rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota.trucks
ransley

On Jan 29, 7:39*pm, wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 15:14:23 -0600, Steve > wrote:
> >Don Stauffer wrote:

> >> I noticed this too. *Sticking throttle would not account for
> >> acceleration. *Maintaining speed when you slow down, sure, but not rapid
> >> unintended acceleration.

> >The best I can tell, the root of the problem has never been "sticking"
> >accelerators. Its erroneous interpretation of the accelerator pedal
> >position, which can either act like the pedal is "stuck" or it can act
> >like you're pressing the pedal when you actually are not. Some of the
> >cases have been unintentional transition to wide-open throttle, which as
> >I understand it overrides the ability to shift into neutral on some
> >models. Combine that with having to hold down the "start" button for 4
> >seconds to actually shut down the engine when the vehicle is in gear,
> >and you have the current messy situation.

> Don't know what you've been reading or where - but it IS a "stiff"
> pedal situation, and not a signal problem, and has NOT resulted in
> uncontrolled accelleration, has NOT caused an accident and has NOT
> resulted in "transition to full throttle". It is also NOT a widespread
> problem. Toyota Canada and CTS (the pedal manufacturer) has reported
> "less than a dozen" incidents reported. Zero accidents. ZERO injuries,
> and ZERO deaths. They recalled the vehicles because the POSSIBILITY of
> the pedal sticking causing injury existed.- Hide quoted text -

What **** are you smokin stating zero accidents, Zero injuries,
Toyota is trashed, buy a Ford.
Old January 30th 10, 01:34 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.lexus,rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota.trucks
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B[_2_]

On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 07:22:08 -0700, Desertphile wrote:

> On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 12:24:25 -0500, Hachiroku ???? > wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 15:53:15 -0500, Mike Hunter wrote:

>> > However in this instance EVEN Toyota is saying they have a problem
>> > with unintended acceleration, hence the recall and stop sell order.
>> > Perhaps you think Toyota is mistaken?

>> It's not 'unintended acceleration', it's a condition where the throttle
>> does not return to idle.
>>
>> Slight difference. You have to have the car up to speed and then it
>> sticks there. If she was going fast enough entering a parking space to
>> crash through a wall, she should have taken the bus in the first place.

> Has there been a survey comparing these mysterious accelerations events
> and the age of the vehicle operators?

Well, I know the one the AP is championing as being afraid of his Corolla
is 30. He's afraid to drive the car.

Here's the deal. If the problem is caused by condensation causing the
throttle to stick...

http://www.fishgame.com/Data/449px-E...-40%282%29.jpg

Followed by GM rust penetrant and heat riser lubricant.

Honestly, the US is supposed to be the greatest country on Earth, and
we're letting a sticky accelerator cause nervous breakdowns?

Old January 30th 10, 01:45 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B[_2_]

On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 11:10:26 +0000, fred wrote:

> =?iso-2022-jp?q?Hachiroku_=1B$B%O%A%m%=2F=1B=28B?= > wrote
> in news >
>> On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 23:52:41 +0000, fred wrote:
>>
>>> =?iso-2022-jp?q?Hachiroku_=1B$B%O%A%m%=2F=1B=28B?= >
>>> wrote in news >>>

>>> The all time best has to be that scene in "The World's Fastest Indian".

>> I'm afraid I'm at a loss here...
>>

> Have you seen the movie? If not you wouldn't understand.
>
> There's a Scene where he zooms down a desert road in Nevada to see if he's
> fixed the wobble problem he had. Speeding past a cop at about 150MPH.

On a motorcycle?
Gulp...

Old January 30th 10, 02:15 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
fred

ransley > wrote in
:

> On Jan 29, 5:52 pm, fred > wrote:
>> ransley > wrote
>>
>> om:

>> > all toyota acidents are now the cars fault, it keeps you rates
>> > lower.

>> Nonsence. No insurance company is going to be conned that easily.
>> People may *try*, but they won't get anywhere.

> Thaey already have suceeded and will because nobody can prove them
> wrong with a RECALL and Stopping production going on, wake up. If I
> say the car did it you cant prove me a liar, with no production and a
> national recall on now, its a wait game and toyota looses from now on
> no mater what the outcome is.

Aren't you defensive for no good reason..

Old January 30th 10, 02:22 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.lexus,rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota.trucks
Desertphile[_2_]

--
http://desertphile.org
"Why aren't resurrections from the dead noteworthy?" -- Jim Rutz