Copy of email to [email protected]

Old March 7th 05, 09:52 AM
Dave Plowman (News)

In article > ,
Eric Jarvis > wrote:
> "Serious"? Has a miscreant been serious? Bloody hell, that's not on.
> Surely we've got something in the FAQ about that? Sarcastic, ribald (for
> your pleasure), insouciant, just plain spitting angry, Mike Corley, all
> those I can believe, but serious?

Serious as in 'that's a serious motor you've got Kev'

--
*Real men don't waste their hormones growing hair

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Old March 7th 05, 11:21 AM
Bob Mc

"Jeff Strickland" > wrote in message
news

> "Julian Edge" > wrote in message
> > "Jeff Strickland" > wrote in message
> >
> > > Sorry to have sounded so harsh.

> > No worries! (Never apologise, never explain!)
> >

> Now you're making me feel bad. I all but called you an idiot, and you are
> telling me not to apologize - except you spell it wrong ;-)

I apologise but are you Merkin?
He spelt it in English, you see.

--
Bob Mc
(der Brit in der Schweiz)

Old March 7th 05, 02:01 PM
Neil

"JAF" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 6 Mar 2005 13:40:55 -0000, "Dori A Schmetterling"

> wrote:
>
> [stuff]
>
> Please don't top-post.
> Ta.

Good luck with this request. Once this thread dies, I suspect you won't
have to put up with some of the top-posters currently present, as they'll
return to top-posting in the alt.autos.bmw group. ::sigh::

Old March 7th 05, 02:26 PM
Dori A Schmetterling

Yes, dear, BUT, if I wish to reply to you I have to leave in all NG
addresses as I don't know where you lurk. Can you cope with that concept?

BTW, I appreciate your praise, which says a lot about you and the
conclusions to which you jump.

DAS

---

[...]

Old March 7th 05, 02:28 PM
Dori A Schmetterling

I think you're right, Dave. How did we get cross-posted there?

DAS

---

"Dave Plowman (News)" > wrote in message
[...]
> With serious whinging about standards, you can be sure it's uk.misc.

[...]

Old March 7th 05, 02:33 PM
Dori A Schmetterling

Err..., what's your point? Somebody was suggesting that I should cease
cross-posting. Can you advise how I should do that if I wish to make sure
my reply goes to the right person?

My dear old and primitive OE newsreader does not disclose the originating NG
of any poster.

At the risk of boring everyone here, to take you as an example, how am I
supposed to know whether you are originally posting from alt.autos.bmw,
uk.rec.cars.misc or uk.misc?

DAS

---

[...]

Old March 7th 05, 02:35 PM
Dori A Schmetterling

If you think participating in usenet is a black-tie gathering you ought to
get out more.

DAS

---

"Dean Dark" > wrote in message
[...]
> It's a bit like someone walking in off the street to a black tie
> gathering

[...]

Old March 7th 05, 03:04 PM

Costing the net hundreds if not thousands of dollars, Dori A
Schmetterling said:
> Err..., what's your point? Somebody was suggesting that I should cease
> cross-posting. Can you advise how I should do that if I wish to make sure
> my reply goes to the right person?

You take it to email, if you wish to address a particular person.

If their From and ReplyTo are both faked, you may assume they do not
wish to be contacted

--
tiger tiger tiger tiger tiger tiger tiger tiger tiger
Old March 7th 05, 03:31 PM
Linz

"Dori A Schmetterling" > wrote in message
> Yes, dear, BUT, if I wish to reply to you I have to leave in all NG
> > addresses as I don't know where you lurk. Can you cope with that

> concept?
>
> BTW, I appreciate your praise, which says a lot about you and the
> conclusions to which you jump.
>
> DAS
>
> For direct contact replace nospam with schmetterling
> ---
>
> "Mary Pegg" > wrote in message
> [...]
>> Now, I really don't *like* thinking that people are arrogant or
>> inconsiderate or clueless. But when they force me to that
>> conclusion,
>> there's not much I can do about it. You, on the other hand, have
>> the choice of what to do about it.
>>
>> --
>> Happy, sad, cross and concentrating.

I'm sure Mary can, and so can I. But you could still move the cursor
to the bottom of the screen and post properly.

Old March 7th 05, 05:28 PM
Marcus Houlden

On Mon, 7 Mar 2005 14:35:07 -0000, Dori A Schmetterling >
wrote the following to uk.misc:

> If you think participating in usenet is a black-tie gathering you ought to
> get out more.

I suppose you're right. Ballgown and stilettos might be more appropriate.

mh.
--
Reply-to address *is* valid. "From" address is a blackhole.

"If you don't vote, you get morons in charge."
- Maurice Chavez (GTA Vice City)