Copy of email to [email protected]

Old March 6th 05, 11:19 PM
Dori A Schmetterling

Yes, I use OE. You may decide if it is an 'error'.

Yes, I can tell if I am crossposting, but I cannot tell the origin of a
message. The whole thread is crossposted, so
"calm down, dear, it's only a little discussion on usenet".

DAS

---

Old March 6th 05, 11:34 PM
Dave Plowman (News)

In article >,
Dori A Schmetterling > wrote:
> Newsgroups: alt.autos.bmw,uk.rec.cars.misc,uk.misc

> Yes, but I don't effing always know from where the posts come.

With serious whinging about standards, you can be sure it's uk.misc.

> I guess you can comprehend this piece of non-rocket science, too.

> DAS

> For direct contact replace nospam with schmetterling
> ---

But they have a point. It's a bit like shouting at someone in a 'foreign'
country because they don't speak your language. It's simple to snip posts
so you're only quoting the parts you're replying to and therefore put your
comments after them to and to use the approved sig separator which is
added automatically instead of typing in your sig every time. 'Sir' Bill
Gates has obviously never used a decent newsreader...

--
*A fool and his money can throw one hell of a party.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Old March 6th 05, 11:38 PM
Mary Pegg

Dori A Schmetterling wrote:

> Yes, I use OE. You may decide if it is an 'error'.
>
> Yes, I can tell if I am crossposting, but I cannot tell the origin of a
> message.

I've told you: messages originate from individuals who decide which
newsgroups to post to.

For reasons that elude me, you continue to top-post in uk.misc.
This makes me think that one or more of the following attributes
apply to you:
- arrogant
- inconsiderate
- clueless

Now, I really don't *like* thinking that people are arrogant or
inconsiderate or clueless. But when they force me to that conclusion,
there's not much I can do about it. You, on the other hand, have
the choice of what to do about it.

--
Happy, sad, cross and concentrating.
Old March 6th 05, 11:40 PM
Dean Dark

On Sun, 6 Mar 2005 23:19:00 -0000, "Dori A Schmetterling"
> wrote:

>Yes, I use OE. You may decide if it is an 'error'.
>
>Yes, I can tell if I am crossposting, but I cannot tell the origin of a
>message. The whole thread is crossposted, so
>"calm down, dear, it's only a little discussion on usenet".

I was only trying to offer some gentle advice. I don't have a dog in
this fight, so to speak.

But I don't understand why people get so bullheaded about defying a
system that has worked so well for so long.

It's a bit like someone walking in off the street to a black tie
gathering and then farting in the middle of the crowd, because he
thinks it's funny and he can't see what's wrong with it.

<shrug>
--
Dean Dark
Old March 6th 05, 11:40 PM
Andy Turner

On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 17:07:59 +0000, Linz >
wrote:

>On Sun, 6 Mar 2005 13:55:31 -0000, "Dori A Schmetterling"
> wrote:
>
>>Well, old chap, it might help if you give a hint of what it is supposed to
>>be about.

>Perhaps if you read, and posted, in the correct order, it might have
>made sense.
>
>Top-posting makes Baby Jesus cry.

Jeez, more top-post-whining. Learn to read more than one style of post
Linz.. it's really not *that* hard....

andyt

Old March 7th 05, 12:36 AM
Alex Buell

On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 23:40:22 GMT, Andy Turner
> wrote:

>Jeez, more top-post-whining. Learn to read more than one style of post
>Linz.. it's really not *that* hard....

Shut up and put up with it, or get lost.

Cheers,
Alex.
--
http://www.munted.org.uk
Old March 7th 05, 07:45 AM
Andrew.Sliversalts

Costing the net hundreds if not thousands of dollars, Dori A
Schmetterling said:
> Yes, but I don't effing always know from where the posts come.

Yes, you do - the Newsgroups header is the Newsgroups header.
The article comes from all of them.

--
tiger tiger tiger tiger tiger tiger tiger tiger tiger
Old March 7th 05, 09:22 AM
Andy Turner

On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 00:36:09 +0000, Alex Buell
> wrote:

>On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 23:40:22 GMT, Andy Turner
> wrote:
>
>>Jeez, more top-post-whining. Learn to read more than one style of post
>>Linz.. it's really not *that* hard....

>Shut up and put up with it

LOL! Put up with what? The whining?

> or get lost.

From where exactly?

andyt

Old March 7th 05, 09:25 AM
Andy Turner

On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 23:38:47 GMT, Mary Pegg
> wrote:

>Dori A Schmetterling wrote:
>
>> Yes, I use OE. You may decide if it is an 'error'.
>>
>> Yes, I can tell if I am crossposting, but I cannot tell the origin of a
>> message.

>I've told you: messages originate from individuals who decide which
>newsgroups to post to.
>
>For reasons that elude me, you continue to top-post in uk.misc.
>This makes me think that one or more of the following attributes
>apply to you:
>- arrogant

Arrogant: Believing that your preferred way of posting is the one true
way and that there cannot be other ways that other people prefer.

>- inconsiderate

Inconsiderate: Deciding to actively 'tell off' people who do not adher
to your own preferences and attempting to insist that they follow your
preferences.

>- clueless

Clueless: Not seeing a problem with the above.

>Now, I really don't *like* thinking that people are arrogant or
>inconsiderate or clueless. But when they force me to that conclusion,
>there's not much I can do about it.

You could try looking in the mirror.

andyt