1913 Mercer Raceabout 35J

Old March 1st 05, 08:29 AM
Sphoenix

Default 1913 Mercer Raceabout 35J

Hello all. I have a 1913 Mercer Raceabout 35J, which has been in the family
for about 35 years. I am interested in finding any information about these
vehicles, as the information I currently have is very limited. I know it
is either a 1912 or 1913 model because it is a 3 speed, and the 4 speeds
were used in the 1914 and 1915 model. I believe that when they were raced,
the guards and top spot light were removed, which is what this one is
missing, and it also has a faint number painted on the radiator. Hopefully
someone know's about these, and any information or suggestions is
appreciated!
Cheers

Old March 1st 05, 09:24 PM
Don

Sphoenix wrote:
> Hello all. I have a 1913 Mercer Raceabout 35J, which has been in the family
> for about 35 years. I am interested in finding any information about these
> vehicles, as the information I currently have is very limited. I know it
> is either a 1912 or 1913 model because it is a 3 speed, and the 4 speeds
> were used in the 1914 and 1915 model. I believe that when they were raced,
> the guards and top spot light were removed, which is what this one is
> missing, and it also has a faint number painted on the radiator. Hopefully
> someone know's about these, and any information or suggestions is
> appreciated!
> Cheers

Here's one site I pulled from Google ( http://www.google.ca/ ) that
mentions the three speed trans being in the 1911 & 1912 models, 4 speed
in 1913 & 1914.
http://www.sportscarmarket.com/profi...mber/American/

And here's another site http://www.canadiandriver.com/articles/bv/mercer.htm

Lovely car. Almost a hundred years old. Amazing.

Don