No more Ford Taurus!

Old March 2nd 05, 04:51 AM
The Sanity Inspector

Default No more Ford Taurus!

So there I was, idling around the Ford showroom while the car
was getting serviced, flipping through the glossies, and fending off
the sales staff. I saw one glossy for a new vehicle, the Five
Hundred. Is this a replacement for the Taurus? I asked. Yes! they
enthused, and pressed their business cards on me anew.
Well, I'm going to miss the Taurus, especially the late-90s
models. It's the most distinctive-looking contemporary domestic sedan
on the road. I mean, look at this head-on view of a 1998 white Taurus
wagon:

http://www.ecogent.ca/beluga/bel_benny.gif

Whoops! That's a beluga whale. So easy to get 'em mixed up! And the
vehicles of other hues look like Teletubbies.

I'm sure the Five Hundred is a fine car, even though its chief selling
point seems to be a high seat and a Lexus grill. But I'll bet that
there will be a cult collector community springing up for the Taurus
in the next decade or two. Kind of like some auto buffs collect
Chevettes, Novas, and Pacers nowadays.

--
bruce
The dignified don't even enter in the game.
Old March 2nd 05, 09:51 AM
TheNIGHTCRAWLER

Gotta say, I like the sell, sanity. :-)

Lousy AirConditioning system. Replace transmission monthly.

Maybe it's only the people I've met... Entirely possible.

TheNIGHTCRAWLER
(Had a GF once who never knew when I was smiling... Hence the faces.)

The Sanity Inspector > wrote:

> So there I was, idling around the Ford showroom while the car
>was getting serviced, flipping through the glossies, and fending off
>the sales staff. I saw one glossy for a new vehicle, the Five
>Hundred. Is this a replacement for the Taurus? I asked. Yes! they
>enthused, and pressed their business cards on me anew.
> Well, I'm going to miss the Taurus, especially the late-90s
>models. It's the most distinctive-looking contemporary domestic sedan
>on the road. I mean, look at this head-on view of a 1998 white Taurus
>wagon:
>
>http://www.ecogent.ca/beluga/bel_benny.gif
>
>Whoops! That's a beluga whale. So easy to get 'em mixed up! And the
>vehicles of other hues look like Teletubbies.
>
>I'm sure the Five Hundred is a fine car, even though its chief selling
>point seems to be a high seat and a Lexus grill. But I'll bet that
>there will be a cult collector community springing up for the Taurus
>in the next decade or two. Kind of like some auto buffs collect
>Chevettes, Novas, and Pacers nowadays.

Ford Posts Profit, Autos Disappoint Again Grover C. McCoury III Ford Mustang 1 January 20th 05 06:05 PM
Moisture inside the windows of our '96 Ford Taurus [email protected] Technology 4 January 11th 05 04:30 PM
Ford Taurus Adolfo Sanchez General 0 October 5th 04 12:41 AM
Needing help removing a door panel...97 Ford Taurus J.C. General 0 May 22nd 04 03:52 PM
ford taurus 2000 sel. white rims available? xenon hids bad for taurus? Lucky No One General 1 May 14th 04 09:56 PM