Anyone here have any experience driving in China??

Old December 16th 07, 05:21 PM posted to rec.autos.driving, alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc, alt.true-crime
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS

Default Anyone here have any experience driving in China??

On Dec 15, 8:42 pm, MLOM > wrote:

> Not sure about China, but it wouldn't surprise me. A few years ago I
> was on National Guard training in South Korea and noticed a couple of
> features.
>
> 1) They park on the sidewalks. "If you don't like the way I park,
> stay off the sidewalk!"
> 2) A yellow stripe going down the sidewalk is a Moped lane. Can you
> say "Kamikaze Kawasaki"? At least the Moped operators are considerate
> enough to honk and alert the peds.
>
> One of the best commentaries I saw about Korean driving was an ad a
> soldier (permanent-party service) posted on a bulletin board at a post
> exchange intending to sell a Daewoo. He described it as being
> mechanically sound and low miles, but having some dents and
> scratches. The priceless ending comment: "Show me a car in Korea that
> doesn't!"

From what i've read most drivers in third world countries are just
unbelievably reckless. As crazy as americans drive it's much worse in
south america or africa or most of asia.

Old December 16th 07, 05:23 PM posted to rec.autos.driving, alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc, alt.true-crime
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS

On Dec 16, 8:50 am, "Murderous Speeding Drunken Distracted Driver
(Hector Goldstein)" > wrote:
> Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:
>
> >I'm reading a book that says in china it's routine for drivers to run over
> >pedestrians even if the peds are in a crosswalk. The law does nothing to
> >the drivers, the attitude being it's up to the ped to watch out for cars!!!
> >Anyone else ever hear that?

> I've got better things do to with my time than to worry about such
> trivial issues.

Yeah - like toe-tapping with your hero Larry Craig. HAHAHA
Old December 16th 07, 05:50 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime

Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:
>On Dec 16, 8:50 am, "Murderous Speeding Drunken Distracted Driver
>(Hector Goldstein)" > wrote:
>> Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:
>>
>> >I'm reading a book that says in china it's routine for drivers to run over
>> >pedestrians even if the peds are in a crosswalk. The law does nothing to
>> >the drivers, the attitude being it's up to the ped to watch out for cars!!!
>> >Anyone else ever hear that?

>> I've got better things do to with my time than to worry about such
>> trivial issues.
>>

>Yeah - like toe-tapping with your hero Larry Craig. HAHAHA

You seem to have a very bizarre fixation on Larry Craig and
toe-tapping. Of course, you also seem to have a very bizarre
fascination with homosexual pornography magazines and who's started in
what issue.

Oh yeah, that's right, you're the faggot that brags about his bath
house exploits.

Thanks for setting the record straight, retard. I realize I shouldn't
have used the term "straight" with you as a part of the context, but I
couldn't help myself.

--

Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people.
- Admiral Hyman Rickover, U.S. Navy
Old December 16th 07, 06:03 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime

Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:
>On Dec 15, 8:42 pm, MLOM > wrote:
>

>> Not sure about China, but it wouldn't surprise me. A few years ago I
>> was on National Guard training in South Korea and noticed a couple of
>> features.
>>
>> 1) They park on the sidewalks. "If you don't like the way I park,
>> stay off the sidewalk!"
>> 2) A yellow stripe going down the sidewalk is a Moped lane. Can you
>> say "Kamikaze Kawasaki"? At least the Moped operators are considerate
>> enough to honk and alert the peds.
>>
>> One of the best commentaries I saw about Korean driving was an ad a
>> soldier (permanent-party service) posted on a bulletin board at a post
>> exchange intending to sell a Daewoo. He described it as being
>> mechanically sound and low miles, but having some dents and
>> scratches. The priceless ending comment: "Show me a car in Korea that
>> doesn't!"

>From what i've read most drivers in third world countries are just
>unbelievably reckless. As crazy as americans drive it's much worse in
>south america or africa or most of asia.

Which makes me glad my parents had the common sense to tell me to be
cautious in certain circumstances, and I'm even happier that I have
the common sense to follow their advice.

Too bad 110 people demonstrate that neither they or their parents had
that same common sense.

Old December 16th 07, 08:54 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime

Scott in SoCal wrote:
>On Sun, 16 Dec 2007 12:50:28 -0500, "Murderous Speeding Drunken
>Distracted Driver (Hector Goldstein)"
> wrote:
>
>>Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:

>>>Yeah - like toe-tapping with your hero Larry Craig. HAHAHA

>>You seem to have a very bizarre fixation on Larry Craig and
>>toe-tapping. Of course, you also seem to have a very bizarre
>>fascination with homosexual pornography magazines and who's started in
>>what issue.
>>
>>Oh yeah, that's right, you're the faggot that brags about his bath
>>house exploits.

>What's the name of that gay prostitute from Colorado Springs that
>keeps outing prominent people all the time? Maybe that's Aunt Judy's
>secret identity!

LMAO; that's rich.

If anyone would know that prostitute's name, it would be Aunt Judy.
=))

Old December 17th 07, 12:26 AM posted to rec.autos.driving, alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc, alt.true-crime
Larry Bud

On Dec 15, 10:05 pm, "Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS"
> wrote:
> I'm reading a book that says in china it's routine for drivers to run over
> pedestrians even if the peds are in a crosswalk. The law does nothing to
> the drivers, the attitude being it's up to the ped to watch out for cars!!!
> Anyone else ever hear that?

Oh yeah, that's why their population is so low....

Old December 17th 07, 05:39 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
necromancer

Scott in SoCal:
> On Sun, 16 Dec 2007 10:50:47 -0500, "Murderous Speeding Drunken
> Distracted Driver (Hector Goldstein)"
> > wrote:
>
> >Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:
> >>I'm reading a book that says in china it's routine for drivers to run over
> >>pedestrians even if the peds are in a crosswalk. The law does nothing to
> >>the drivers, the attitude being it's up to the ped to watch out for cars!!!
> >>Anyone else ever hear that?

> >I've got better things do to with my time than to worry about such
> >trivial issues.
> >
> >Perhaps you should consider getting a life?

> Maybe Aunt Judy should go to China himself and see firsthand?

If only these newsgroups could have such luck.....

--
Speeders & Drunk Drivers Are MURDERERS demonstrates its
Bartlo quality forecasting abilities:

"At least they did where i live. It'll be $3 by
turkey day and $4 by Xmas as exxon tries to make
up for the money they lost lowering prices to
help their bud Bush."

Ref: http://tinyurl.com/y35dzw
Msg
Old December 17th 07, 08:33 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
pardon'em waars

Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:

> I'm reading a book that says in china it's routine for drivers to run over
> pedestrians even if the peds are in a crosswalk. The law does nothing to
> the drivers, the attitude being it's up to the ped to watch out for cars!!!
> Anyone else ever hear that?

You dont see many bodies laying around - I wonder where they go? To America to
be sold for fertilizer Iwould think. How does your garden grow?

Old December 17th 07, 06:09 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
necromancer

Scott in SoCal:
> I know. And I was really looking forward to buying some nice
> lead-painted toys made by Aunt Judy in a Chinese labor camp.

If they were made by AJ, then I'd be on the lookout for GHB in those
toys....

--
"Oh yeah. Well i've gone 3 1/2 years without a fatal crash
so i must be doing something right."

--Laura Bush murdered her boyfriend/laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE/
Speeders And Drunk Drivers Are Murderers (SADDAM), 9/24/2006

Ref: http://tinyurl.com/qdotr
Msg ID:
Old December 18th 07, 02:47 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
Michael Snyder[_1_]

"pardon'em waars" > wrote in message

> Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:
>
> > I'm reading a book that says in china it's routine for drivers to run

over
> > pedestrians even if the peds are in a crosswalk. The law does nothing to
> > the drivers, the attitude being it's up to the ped to watch out for

cars!!!
> > Anyone else ever hear that?

> You dont see many bodies laying around - I wonder where they go? To

America to
> be sold for fertilizer Iwould think. How does your garden grow?

Must be parted out for kidneys and such.

All seriousness aside, I've spent time in China, and I never
once saw a pedestrian run over by a car. In fact I never
witnessed a single auto-pedestrian altercation.