VOM with max/min/average recording feature

Old May 29th 07, 12:49 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default VOM with max/min/average recording feature

Do any of you have a VOM with the above feature which you would
recommend, and which would cost less than about $150??

Old May 29th 07, 03:24 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
AZ Nomad

http://www.just****inggoogleit.com/s...tmeter+min+max
http://www.google.com/products?q=mul...+max&scoring=p
http://www.wescotools.com/p-6704-dig...ultimeter.aspx
http://www.trynci.net/productdetails...productid=5088
Old May 29th 07, 11:56 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

"AZ Nomad" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 28 May 2007 23:49:39 GMT, > > wrote:
>

> >Do any of you have a VOM with the above feature which you would
> >recommend, and which would cost less than about $150??

> http://www.just****inggoogleit.com/s...tmeter+min+max
> http://www.google.com/products?q=mul...+max&scoring=p
> http://www.wescotools.com/p-6704-dig...ultimeter.aspx
> http://www.trynci.net/productdetails...productid=5088

Actually, I appreciate the last three,AZ, but not the first one. I am not
stupid, and had already
run Google searches, but didnt turn up the results you found. I found some
Fluke instruments
but they are a bit expensive.

Do you own and recommend any of these personally?

75% Thanks

Old May 29th 07, 12:51 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Pete C.

wrote:

> "AZ Nomad" > wrote in message
> > On Mon, 28 May 2007 23:49:39 GMT, > > wrote:
> >

> > >Do any of you have a VOM with the above feature which you would
> > >recommend, and which would cost less than about $150??

http://www.just****inggoogleit.com/s...tmeter+min+max
> > http://www.google.com/products?q=mul...+max&scoring=p
> > http://www.wescotools.com/p-6704-dig...ultimeter.aspx
> > http://www.trynci.net/productdetails...productid=5088

> Actually, I appreciate the last three,AZ, but not the first one. I am not
> stupid, and had already
> run Google searches, but didnt turn up the results you found. I found some
> Fluke instruments
> but they are a bit expensive.
>
> Do you own and recommend any of these personally?
>
> 75% Thanks

I'm afraid I have to recommend Fluke despite the cost. There aren't that
many DMMs that you can get with a NIST traceable certificate of
calibration and can readily send for recalibration when needed.

I have a Fluke 87 that I got in about '89, it was the top of the line
then and remained the top of the line for at least a decade and still
exists with only slight tweaks. Hard to beat a meter with staying power
to last a couple decades.

I also have a bunch of the $3 on sale Harbor Freight little DMMs that I
keep in every vehicle, camper, toolbox, etc. At $3 you can put them
everywhere, not worry about them freezing or baking in a vehicle and
while they don't compare to the Fluke, they do just fine for most
troubleshooting. I bring out the Fluke for the more precise work.

I believe Fluke has a few meter variants that are optimized for
automotive work as well, check their site. They also have very nice
AC/DC hall effect clamp on amp probes (starter current, charging
current, etc.) and a nice IR and thermocouple thermometer add ons.

Harbor Freight's Exetech IR thermometer clone is also very handy, so
much so I have one dedicated to my shop and one in my kitchen.

Pete C.
Old May 29th 07, 02:14 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

"Pete C." > wrote in message

> I have a Fluke 87 that I got in about '89, it was the top of the line
> then and remained the top of the line for at least a decade and still
> exists with only slight tweaks. Hard to beat a meter with staying power
> to last a couple decades.

I have a Fluke special which I have owned for years, and as you say it has
been very reliable and accurate.

I bought an Actron unit a couple of years ago, from Autozone, because it
had a higher DC current range than my old VOM. This was money wasted,
although the current range is still working and can be helpful. The voltage
readings are considerably off on this VOM, and there is no apparent simple.
recalibration . Digital isn't always accurate, is it....

There is a Fluke available for about $80 which will do, I think, what I
need.
They are indeed good quality instruments.

Price for average new GT in the U.S. [email protected] Ford Mustang 10 December 8th 06 11:21 PM
bmw 325 average mileage Veerags BMW 6 June 1st 06 05:38 PM
Average gas mileage for 97 Caravan? greaseangel Dodge 5 September 15th 05 05:02 PM
Not your average Jeep Billy Jeep 5 December 20th 04 03:08 PM
What is the speed of the average cop - car? Karl-Hugo Weesberg General 1 October 26th 04 01:21 PM