Voyager brake lines

Old May 28th 07, 04:33 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
jdabreeze

Default Voyager brake lines

1995 Plymouth voyager sport/se NON-ABS. Rear brake line has rusted
through and started leaking was going to have it replaced when the
mechanic explained that there is a aluminum metering?/pressure? Block
and that he has never been able to get the brake lines off of one with
out damaging the block. I've looked at it and tried myself to remove
the brake line and it will not budge at this point.
Does anyone know what this part does.

[IMG]http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n173/jdabreeze/IMAG0255.jpg[/
IMG]

It is halfway down the body, no wires attached just 2 brake lines
coming from the proportioning valve up front and 2 lines going back
(one to each rear wheel)

To me since this is a non-abs vehicle it looks like the factory had
machined an adapter so they could replace the traction control
modulator and still use the prebent abs brake lines. This is a $250+
dealer only part otherwise this would be a straight line swap.

Any one in the know please let me know.

TIA

Old May 28th 07, 04:34 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
jdabreeze

On May 28, 11:33 am, jdabreeze > wrote:
> 1995 Plymouth voyager sport/se NON-ABS. Rear brake line has rusted
> through and started leaking was going to have it replaced when the
> mechanic explained that there is a aluminum metering?/pressure? Block
> and that he has never been able to get the brake lines off of one with
> out damaging the block. I've looked at it and tried myself to remove
> the brake line and it will not budge at this point.
> Does anyone know what this part does.
>
> [IMG]http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n173/jdabreeze/IMAG0255.jpg[/
> IMG]
>
> It is halfway down the body, no wires attached just 2 brake lines
> coming from the proportioning valve up front and 2 lines going back
> (one to each rear wheel)
>
> To me since this is a non-abs vehicle it looks like the factory had
> machined an adapter so they could replace the traction control
> modulator and still use the prebent abs brake lines. This is a $250+
> dealer only part otherwise this would be a straight line swap.
>
> Any one in the know please let me know.
>
> TIA

sorry wrong photo

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n...e/IMAG0257.jpg

Old May 28th 07, 08:02 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Rodan

"jdabreeze" wrote: 1995 Plymouth voyager sport/se NON-ABS.

[...]

Sorry, I have no personal knowledge of the part's function. If it is
just an adapter, maybe it could be replaced by a couple of standard
hydraulic elbow fittings.

Good luck.

Rodan.

Old May 28th 07, 10:37 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Bob Urz

jdabreeze wrote:
> 1995 Plymouth voyager sport/se NON-ABS. Rear brake line has rusted
> through and started leaking was going to have it replaced when the
> mechanic explained that there is a aluminum metering?/pressure? Block
> and that he has never been able to get the brake lines off of one with
> out damaging the block. I've looked at it and tried myself to remove
> the brake line and it will not budge at this point.
> Does anyone know what this part does.
>
> [IMG]http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n173/jdabreeze/IMAG0255.jpg[/
> IMG]
>
> It is halfway down the body, no wires attached just 2 brake lines
> coming from the proportioning valve up front and 2 lines going back
> (one to each rear wheel)
>
> To me since this is a non-abs vehicle it looks like the factory had
> machined an adapter so they could replace the traction control
> modulator and still use the prebent abs brake lines. This is a $250+
> dealer only part otherwise this would be a straight line swap.
>
> Any one in the know please let me know.
>
> TIA

\
I would first get the proper sizes flare wrenches for lines of this
type. Then squirt the fittings with PB blaster. Let it sit. Add heat.
squirt it again. Then try to take it off with the flair wrench. If you
have to, cut the line close to the block (since it trash anyway) and use
a deep well socket or such to apply more force to it after the heat and
PB blaster treatment. You might get lucky.

On my taurus, i have some anti dive valve or such that has one in and
two lines out on the rear brakes.

If you manage to get it off, you can use standard length brakes lines
with the fittings already on and bend them to suit using the old lines
as a template. Did that with my old mazda truck. I had a fitting on it
that was a bitch to remove too.

Bob

98 TJ Brake Lines.... Tim[_8_] Jeep 6 May 20th 07 05:48 PM
Bleeding brake lines and replacing brake caliper and piston Jason[_1_] Ford Explorer 2 March 20th 07 01:42 AM
VW Brake Lines Morgan Anderson VW air cooled 12 November 27th 05 01:32 PM
Rubber brake lines Kevin Holzer VW air cooled 8 June 3rd 05 08:50 AM
replacing brake lines Steve Chrysler 4 January 23rd 05 09:27 AM