GM: First VOLT, NOW Spark..

Old October 20th 11, 05:28 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
J R[_2_]

Default GM: First VOLT, NOW Spark..

I have never owned any battery powered tools before, I don't like
them.All of my electric tools have cords on them.They don't run out of
juice, unless there is a power outage.
cuhulin

Old October 25th 11, 10:51 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Ashton Crusher[_2_]

On Wed, 19 Oct 2011 21:21:59 -0500, bob urz >
wrote:

>On 10/19/2011 7:33 PM, dsi1 wrote:
>> On 10/19/2011 12:58 PM, ben91932 wrote:
>>>

>> Of course major problems need to be solved - costs of the vehicles and
>> generating enough electricity among others. Both those problems will be
>> solved. My guess is that it will be sooner than we think.

>You forgot about the other problem to be solved. Repairing our roads.
>how do you think the roads get built and maintained? Gas taxes.
>who doesn't pay gas taxes now? a pure EV. Who do you think is going
>to get taxed heavily to fix the roads if there is a massive change
>to all EV cars? The government will get there money one way or the
>other. EV owners are getting a free ride now. It won't be so "FREE"
>in the future when fuel tax revenue drys up. Then the equation of
>economy is going to shift.
>
>bob

Just doing some quick figuring... 15,000 miles per year and getting 20
mpg with gas TAX at $0.25 you pay less then $200 a year. If the
future requires some different way then gas tax to collect the same
money it looks to me like the average person is looking at a $200 new
tax somewhere else to make up for no longer buying gas and
contributing to road building thru the gas tax. It seems like there
are pretty simple solutions to me.