Wrangler still shuts Down?

Old July 14th 05, 01:10 AM
Dean

Default Wrangler still shuts Down?

I would like to thank DougW for all his help. The Camshaft sensor change
went well, the wrangler started right up. Took it around the block it
coughed and stuttered then shut down. This time it did start right back up
though. I have no idea what could be the problem now. I don't think its fuel
related or the plugs, plug wires,cap, or rotor. What am I forgetting?
thanks Dean.

Old July 14th 05, 02:04 AM
DougW

Dean did pass the time by typing:
> I would like to thank DougW for all his help. The Camshaft sensor change
> went well, the wrangler started right up. Took it around the block it
> coughed and stuttered then shut down. This time it did start right back up
> though. I have no idea what could be the problem now. I don't think its fuel
> related or the plugs, plug wires,cap, or rotor. What am I forgetting?

np.. I hoped that was the cause but guess not.

Have you checked the battery cables or jiggled them with
the engine running?

Any codes stored in the computer?

I'm running out of ideas without actually seeing it first hand.
The last resort is to have Jeep put it on the scanner and do a
diagnositcs. It's not cheap but they take the price off any
repair work they do.. yea, like that's a bargain. :/

--
DougW

Old July 14th 05, 02:26 AM
Mike Romain

What about the real CPS that causes 99% of shutdowns because it's plug
sits on the exhaust manifold and gets corroded or a dead wire mesh
ground from the engine head to the firewall?

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

Old July 14th 05, 04:24 PM
extremetj

by majority it is the crank sensor on the bell housing.

Old July 14th 05, 07:31 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Ditto. I ran for a while when it was disconnected while other work
was being done, as in one of it's tests at:
http://www.off-road.com/jeep/cheroke...tdcsensor.html
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old July 16th 05, 02:55 AM
Dean

The crank sensor was just changed a year or two ago. Dean.

Old July 16th 05, 02:56 AM
Dean

Old July 16th 05, 03:22 AM
Mike Romain

So that means only one half of the plug and socket got cleaned by the
new plug being there. The other half just hung on this long and now has
crapped out likely.

Normally the failure is corrosion, changing it will get as mentioned one
half clean so it works for a bit. I sure would unplug it and plug it
back to try again.

Mike

Old July 16th 05, 03:38 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Unplug it for a few minutes, and it should start.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old July 17th 05, 02:46 AM
Dean

DougW. I got these codes to come up in the computer 12, 33, and 55. I
checked the code sheets and don't have any idea what they have to do with it
shutting down. Dean.

Wrangler shuts down. Dean Jeep 8 July 7th 05 12:30 PM
anyone ever buy a wrangler on ebay? [email protected] Jeep 14 May 21st 05 03:34 AM
1992 Wrangler YJ Tranny Problem Tim Cottom Jeep 1 April 29th 05 09:24 PM
Bring back the Brat or modernize the Wrangler Carl Taylor Jeep 41 March 6th 05 08:06 AM
need '95 Wrangler soft upper door Old Crow Jeep 3 March 4th 05 11:04 AM