Need Body Part Name for '97 Civic

Old June 18th 05, 08:22 PM
Bruce

Default Need Body Part Name for '97 Civic

I am looking for the name of a body part and an online source where I
can purchase a replacement.

The part is the painted piece that attaches to each front fender and
sits above and in front of the engine. The radiator and air
conditioning unit attach to it and the hood latch sticks up through
it.

Can anyone help me?

Old June 18th 05, 09:12 PM
Professor

I think you're talking about the "radiator core support"...

Professor
Check out FlashAlert at www.telstar-electronics.com

Old June 18th 05, 09:54 PM
TeGGeR®

Bruce > wrote in
:

> I am looking for the name of a body part and an online source where I
> can purchase a replacement.
>
> The part is the painted piece that attaches to each front fender and
> sits above and in front of the engine. The radiator and air
> conditioning unit attach to it and the hood latch sticks up through
> it.

Rad core support.
http://www.car-part.com

Why do you need to replace it?

--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Old June 18th 05, 10:28 PM
SoCalMike

TeGGeR® wrote:

> Why do you need to replace it?

accident, most likely.
Old June 19th 05, 08:06 PM
Bruce

On 18 Jun 2005 20:54:20 GMT, "TeGGeR®" > wrote:

>Rad core support.
>http://www.car-part.com
>
>Why do you need to replace it?

I thought the radiator support was the unpainted piece that sat in
front of and surrounded the radiator. I'm referring to the painted
piece that sits over the radiator (well...right next to the top of the
radiator), extends behind each headlight assembly and attaches to the
fender.

Are we talking about the same thing?

(Yes, this is the result of an accident.)

--Bruce

Old June 19th 05, 08:33 PM
Randolph

Bruce wrote:

> I am looking for the name of a body part and an online source where I
> can purchase a replacement.
>
> The part is the painted piece that attaches to each front fender and
> sits above and in front of the engine. The radiator and air
> conditioning unit attach to it and the hood latch sticks up through
> it.
>
> Can anyone help me?

If you go to http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com and click on "Honda
Parts" towards the middle of the screen, you can find drawings and
descriptions of the parts you are looking for.

A very modest collection of Honda tech info can be found at:
http://www.geocities.com/ng_randolph
Old June 19th 05, 11:55 PM
TeGGeR®

Bruce > wrote in
:

> On 18 Jun 2005 20:54:20 GMT, "TeGGeR®" > wrote:
>
>>Rad core support.
>>http://www.car-part.com
>>
>>Why do you need to replace it?

> I thought the radiator support was the unpainted piece that sat in
> front of and surrounded the radiator. I'm referring to the painted
> piece that sits over the radiator (well...right next to the top of the
> radiator), extends behind each headlight assembly and attaches to the
> fender.
>
> Are we talking about the same thing?
>
> (Yes, this is the result of an accident.)

In some Civics, the rad support is a bolt-on piece that looks like a "T"
and sits between the headlights. On other Civics and Civic-based cars it is
a solid piece spot-welded to either inner fender.

I would suggest that your best bet is to visit some U-pull wrecking yards
in your area, study similar cars that have had parts removed (and thus have
better visibility), and make your decision from that as to what to do.