Old July 20th 05, 10:47 PM
KLS

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 14:27:06 -0400, Dave LaCourse
> wrote:

>On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 23:09:23 -0400, David Timothy Jones
> wrote:
>
>>I think part of
>>it is the proliferation of the automatic transmission. ( Standing by for
>>flaming) many people that should not have drivers licenses drive these
>>vehicles.

>d;o)
>I taught both of my daughters (age 43 and 37) how to drive using
>"three on the tree" in an old pick-up. The first cars they owned had
>5 speeds. One ended up teaching her husband how to drive a stick.
>
>My two oldest grandsons drive Audis - 94 S4, and 2000 A6.

I also learned how to drive with a stick shift, in a ubiquitous VW
Beetle; my parents wouldn't let me drive the Olds Delta 88 automatic.
Now I'm on my third Audi/VW product, a 98.5 A4, preceded by a 95
Passat VRX and an 85 4000S (I loved that old Audi and really should
have kept her, but the breaking door handles were starting to make me
crazy).