Old October 23rd 04, 10:25 PM
Thomas G. Marshall

Default HELP!!! Cig. Lighter: 9 ohms between POS and GROUND????

I've been ready to make my changes to my cig. lighter from ignition to
"always on", and I discovered something semi disturbing before I made the
changes.

Between the positive and negative terminals of the cigarette lighter (pos is
center, and ground/neg is shell) I'm expecting 0 resistance. Without that
thing depressed there should be no closed circuit at all, right????

I'm getting ~8 / ~9 Ohms between the two. (power is not supplied by the
battery at this point, so I'm not getting any "stray" readings).

HELP, is this a fire in the making?????

--
"I don't want FOP, God dammit! I'm a DAPPER DAN MAN!"