Old February 26th 05, 03:09 AM
Ian S

"Ben Chan" > wrote in message
news:Y2QTd.11161$ab2.5478@edtnps89...
> I bought my 2003 A4 3.0 in 2003. I have accumulated about 35,000 km and

now
> I need to replace all my tires due to wear. The tires that came with the
> car are Pirelli P6. I am wondering if it is unusual to have the tires

wear
> out so quickly. I don't consider myself an aggressive driver. I rarely
> stomp on the gas pedal to launch my car from a stop light.
>
> Do you have any recommendations what replacement tires I should get?
>
> Thanks for your inputs.

For non-aggressive driving, that does seem a bit excessive - I'm assuming
the wear bars are showing. BTW, it's not just stomping on the gas pedal,
it's also braking and cornering that will contribute to tire wear. If the
wear is uneven, then there may be an alignment problem. Try a set of Kumho
Extras (either summer hi performance or all-season) - at least if you wear
them out fast, it's not so hard on your pocketbook. They're a great tire for
the money.