Old August 18th 06, 11:56 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
catman

Default Changing battery advice 146

John Chapman wrote:
> My 146 1.6 Junior is over 7 years old and the battery now needs to be
> changed.
> Is there anything that I need to know in doing this job so that
> everything continues to work after the battery change ?
> In particular how can I be sure the alarm and the remote locking will
> continue to work if the electrical supply is interrupted ?

You can't, but given the age of the vehicle, it seems unlikely to be an
issue. If you're really worried, get one of those little jumper packs
with a cigar lighter connector which will keep things running while the
battery is changed.

One good tip (though slightly counter intuitive) is that when messing
with negative earth vehicles, disconnect the negative first and
reconnect it last.

Best of luck

Alfa 116 Giulietta 3.0l (Really) Sprint 1.7 75 TS 156 TS S2
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk