Old January 12th 05, 06:59 AM
BBA

> >Maybe I should have added that the techs in question do this to their own
> >vehicles and not to customers

> Amazing. Amazingly stupid.

Same to you pal!

> combustion byproducts will dilute the oil ( not good ) and turn the
> oil acidic, and acid and metal do not like eachother. Not to mention
> all the micro-metal debris along with carbon particles floating around
> that make it through the oil filter.

So what, big whoop - so what is it that your implying -- I answered some guys
question and you come up with your own contorted theory!

> >Did you know that most independent auto shops add 40 to 60% to the price of

the
> >oil that they sell?

> Never go to a shop to have your oil changed. They will give you the
> cheapest **** imaginable, to keep their profit margin as high as
> possible.

So you're possibly a chemist that works on his vehicle in his spare time!

> >Did you know that Citgo is just (filtered) recycled oil!?

> Are you aware that I wouldn't stop at a Citgo station if I was down to
> my last drop of fuel?

now I know, thanks for expounding

> >Did you know that most modern engine oil contain detergents that can handle
> >quite a bit of wear a tear?

> Yah. They take that dirt into solution, and bathe all your engine
> parts with that dirt. Bearings, cams, valves, the entire works gets
> washed over and over with MUD.

LOL - you have quite an imagination!

> >>Take heed that oil may break down and may also need replacing at some point

> >>When would that be, at 100K ?

> >Every 12k or possibly once every year!

> You change your oil once a year. I see.....

Are you out of your friggen mind - Did I ever say that << No, I never said
that!!!

BBA