Old December 19th 04, 06:31 PM
JazzMan

William R. Watt wrote:

> Look on my website under "Cars" for the description of changing the
> ignition control module (igniter?) on my car. I used dielectric heat sink
> paste from an electronics store, a small blister pack for $1 (Canadian)
> last spring. I did some research on it with a lot of help from people in
> this newsgroup. The distributor (pun?) of the Japanese part was Standard
> in the USA and I belive they sell the little bubble packs, their Canadian
> subsidiary Blue Streak does. At $1 a shot I don't know why they don't just
> stick one in the box with the expensive part. www.ncf.ca/~ag384/top.htm

Because the real cost of that grease is far less than a
penny a shot. The little package costs more than the
contents. The reason they don't put it in is because getting
you to part with a buck for essentially 2c worth of product
is good for the bottom line.

I bought a large tube, I think 8-12 oz, for less than $10
a long time ago, it will last me the rest of my life.

JazzMan
Please reply to jsavage"at"airmail.net.
Curse those darned bulk e-mailers!