Old December 18th 04, 10:03 PM
Ropert's Aloha

> Just making su
> Did you put heatsink compound on the device? (Radio Shack sells it) It
> is supposed to have that stuff between the device and its mounting
> plate. If you didn't do that, I'd suggest you redo it because it might
> cause problems for you a while from now.

No, Ididn't use any. None even came with the igniter I bought at Napa. I
went to Radio Shack out here in Hawaii and the kid in the store looked like
he had never heard of it. I searched the store and found nothing. Then I
went to Napa and the only thing close was a Silicone Dielectric by Permatex
for Ford and GM to protect from moisture. It didn't really mention
protection from heat. I almost went for it, but thought maybe Comp USA would
have something like it. I even went to Ace Hardware and they had nothing. So
do you put the grease in between the little mounting plate that is bolted
onto the inside of the distributor? And how much? There was a very tiny thin
coat of a type of clear grease on it when I took it out, but didn't seem
like it was between the mounting plate and igniter unit, but myabe it really
was.

thanks for the heads up

Gary
Hawaii