Old November 4th 04, 08:30 AM
Asgeir Nesoen

And:
Publishers profit from sales, developers don't. So, in order to get what
we want, we would want independant developers making a magnificent sim,
then taking it to the publisher in order to get it to the shelves.

I have always said that 'profit' ruin everything, unless you're amongst
the majority making grounds for the profit. In order to get the sim we
want, there shouldn't be *any* kind of profit *anywhere* in the process. :-)

So, what is the best development environment for the sims *we* want?
Open source, open development, open testing. Sourceforge would be a
great place to start. The problem arises when a team decides to go
black, shut down web pages, and start charging for the code everybody
has developed.

---Asgeir---