Old November 1st 04, 01:00 AM
Glen Rolland

In article >, says...
> I had hours of fun trying to get my Connect system working with Orange (t=

he=20
> salesman insisted it would). Yes, the system is single band and can only=

=20
> use O2 and Vodafone in the UK.
>=20
>=20
> "Mr Flipflops" > wrote in message=20
> > "Glen Rolland" > wrote in message
> > d.com...
> >> A week ago I took delivery of a new Alfa 156 Sportwagon GTA which is
> >> every bit as good as I hoped, it's fantastic fun to drive!
> >>
> >> The one minor irritation is that I cannot get the CONNECT hands free G=

SM
> >> phone system working with a T-Mobile pay as you go SIM card, it simply
> >> can't find the T-Mobile network, it only seems to recognise the Cellne=

> >> (O2) and Vodaphone networks.

> > Hey Glen
> >
> > Just a thought, but O2 and Vodafone are on the same band (900Mhz). Ora=

nge
> > and T-Mobile use 1800Mhz I believe, so could it be that your system is
> > single band?
> >
> > Rgds
> >
> > Stuart
> >
> >=20

>=20
>=20
>=20

Once Stuart suggested that the connect might only work on the 900mhz=20
band I read the manual again and indeed at the end under technical=20
specifications it does indeed state that it is restricted to the single=20
900mhz band. The really irritating thing is that the salesman assured me=20
it would work with any! and I ended up wasting =A330 and many hours of my=
=20
time

Have you managed to get the Targasys feature working? the manual states=20
that a setup code is required but I do not appear to have been given=20
one, though I am fairly certain I have read somewhere, although I cannot=20
recall where at the moment, that 1 years subscription to Targasys=20
services was included when the Connect system was bought.

Regards

Glen