Old June 18th 05, 12:04 AM
DougW

did pass the time by typing:

http://www.billhughes.com/blower.pdf

> I'm getting closer to getting this thing fixed.
>
> The blower itself works fine if I put a jumper across the main relay
> cavities. The relay itself tests out OK.
>
> I found a blown 15A fuse, #25, in the fuse block. I replaced it but it
> blows as soon as the ignition is turned on. When I put a jumper across
> it the relay energized (I heard it click) and the blower worked
> properly.
>
> Anyone know why this fuse would keep blowing out?

Fuses blow to prevent the wires from melting and catching fire.

So, that means something down the line is pulling way too much
current. That can be a motor that has shorted windings. Motors
that fail this way still work but they draw a lot of current.

Disconnect the motor, put in a new fuse, and try again. If it
doesn't blow it's the motor. If it blows then I dunno, need a
schematic to help you any further.

--
DougW