Old February 6th 05, 10:15 PM
Paul

at 03 Feb 2005, Backyard Mechanic ] wrote in
:

>> I've always assumed refining is refining and gas is gas.

> WRONG!!!

Yes and no. I have a buddy working at the port. If company A runs out,
they'll call company B and have a few of their trucks load up there.
Next week, the situation may be reversed. What makes the difference is
the additives each brand puts in after the truck is loaded with gas.

Case in point about 6 months back here in the Tampa area a batch of gas
was unloaded and sold that had way too much sulfur in it. Causing
sensors in gas tanks to go bad. The gas all came from one refinery in
the same tanker but was sold by at least two (Shell & BP) if not more
brands. **** hit the fan and the oil companies ended up paying for
repairs on the cars affected.

> I have only used Citgo once... and no telling where it really came
> from... but the next week i had to rod out what was left of my
> catalyst.

I use either Citgo or Chevron and have had no issues whatsoever with
any of our vehicles. Now if I use Racetrack, gas mileage goes down in
any of our vehicles we put it in to.

I've tried BP and Shell but they are generally $0.05 to $0.10 per
gallon higher than Citgo and Chevron. We are getting a BP down the
street. Maybe that one will be at a par pricewise with the local Citgo
and Chevron stations.

--
_ 1995 Mustang V6 Coupe (Bright Blue)
|_| Member Modern Mustangs of North America (MMNA)