Old February 4th 05, 04:04 AM
Generic

"JohnW" > wrote in message
> I've got about 500 miles on my GT since Saturday--can't help it--and have
> begun to notice a rotton egg smell now and then in the cabin. I'm using
> regular gas. Our 2003 Honda Accord V6 is REALLY bad this way too, and the
> dealer says that's "normal". It mostly goes away in the Accord if you run
> midgrade fuel, but gas is going up again.
>
> Anyone else notice this? Anyone running higher octane other than regular?

[Following other replies.]

I moved from a pretty dusty area to a clean area--then noticed the same
thing. I thought it was the heater core at first. It went away when I closed
the outside vents. In the end I decided it was the exhaust from other cars.

I've been told it's worst when people mix brands of gas on a 1/2 full tank.

-John