Old August 27th 06, 07:03 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Scott in Baltimore

Default 2000 Grand Cherokee

> Use a flush-n-fill tee...... they are so vastly superior to the old drain
> and refill method it isn't comparable and costs less than $5

Got one. It's the best way to burp the air out of the system when filling it.
Just open the top a crack and the air rushes out!

> DC recommends that vehicles that came from the factory with 'American Green'
> be upgraded to the new G-05 spec although there is no contraindication to
> continuing to use the old formula..... it just doesn't offer the same level
> of protection.
>
> Finally make sure you refill with the correct coolant. NOTHING (repeat)
> NOTHING made by Prestone or Peak meets either the new 'G-05' spec or the old
> 'American Green' spec.
>
> The ONLY distributor of the new G-05 spec to the aftermarket is Valvoline's
> Zerex G-05 formula in the gold jug. (Valvoline makes the factory fill for
> DC, Ford, & Mercedes)
>
> The only supplier *that I am sure of* that still makes the old American
> Green is Valvoline's "Original Formula" in the white jug.

I used Texaco Green when I replaced it a few weeks ago. I used a bit more then
4.5 quarts so I'm slightly about 50%. The old stuff was weak, slighty cloudy
and had that stale musty smell of being cooped up in a radiator for a few years.

-Scott
'97 TJ SE/almost 75,000 miles.