Old July 6th 05, 05:07 PM
Tom in Missouri

I just pulled one on a '79 a month ago and it was stuck. Twist it back and
forth a few times, and pull. No tapping.

You can push in slightly with your fingers also. The O-ring sticks and
won't move, so you have to move it enough to break the seal and get a bit of
fluid under it so it slides.

When it comes loose, it will fly right out, so be ready.

"W. Moore" > wrote in message
> Hi all,
> I have noticed fluid leaking around the speedo drive area on the tranny
> (automatic). The service manual instructions are simply to remove cable;
> remove retainer bolt and clamp; and remove driven gear assy. to replace

"O"
> ring. Trouble is that the driven assy. just doesn't "come out". After

30
> years how much help can I give it with small taps without damaging the

unit