Old August 22nd 06, 07:39 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Steve[_1_]

Default Trivia questions - just for fun.

Lhead wrote:

> I'll post the answers soon.
>
> 1. What was the first American car company to produce an overhead cam
> engine?

Who knows- that's kinda lost in the mists of antiquity. I know
Duesenberg used a "modern by modern standards" DOHC 32-valve inline 8
(in normally aspirated and supercharged versions) in the 1920s. But I
doubt it was the first. There was an awful lot of experimentation with
engine configurations (OHC, L-head, T-head, OHV, etc.) in the 19-teens
and 20s before things settled in on the OHV cam-in-block setup in the
50s thru late 70s.

> 2. What was the second?

No idea.

> 3. What American car holds the record for number of carburetors as
> delivered from the factory?

No idea.